Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Extra_POI_Editor v5.27

turboccc is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Extra_POI_Editor v5.27

Extra_POI_Editor (EPE for short...)

This free program allows you to view, edit and convert any GPX/CSV/OV2/JPG/KML/MGLN POI file to GPX/CSV/OV2/KML. Yes! Geocoded JPG can be imported too!

Main Features

•Edit GPX files and preview what it will look-like on your Nuvi 760
    •Create/Add new POI with extra information for the 'More' page
    •Import/Export POI from/to GPX, CSV, XLS, TomTom OV2, Magellan MGLN and GoogleEarth KML files
    •Create TourGuides by adding MP3 and JPG
    •Create POI using geocoded JPG photos
    •Up to 24 column CSV file import (w/ complex multiple field extraction) and export
    •'More' preview display
    •Command-line arguments
    •'Image' preview display
    •'Map' preview display
    •Map markers & coordinates grabber
    •Audio preview in Preview window and in POI Edit window
    •Advanced search functions with keyword highlights
    •Basic 4-column and Multiple Column CSV export
    •POI sorting by Name and Location
    •Find duplicate POIs (by distance radius)
    •Help and contextual help separate download (Kudos to rufree4t for writing it!)
    •Multiple links support
    •Sort by location, name, location, city, state, best route and category
    •Open all POIs in MapSource or GoogleEarth
    •Batch Geocoding and Reverse Geocoding
    •Automatic State, Postcode and Phone extraction
    •4-Column CSV custom output formatting (ULTRA COOL!)
    •Route display and ability to search POI close to the specified route (v4.80+).
    •Save to Magellan MGLN file (v4.80+)
    •Save to .GPI (beta v5.xx)

Screen shots:

Extra_POI_Editor v5.27-poi1b.jpgExtra_POI_Editor v5.27-poi2c.jpg
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It does more than that and will probably do more later. Please post your comments and suggestions here.

Turbo.

The EPE page and download links are here:

Code:
    http://turboccc.wikispaces.com/Extra_POI_Editor
    Last edited by turboccc; 2nd October 2011 at 19:02.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to turboccc For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Extra_POI_Editor v5.27

On the download page, there is a link for EPE with and without an installer. You normally do not need the installer, but it is possible you will be missing some library files. In this case, just install using the installer. If you get error messages, just click ignore. EPE will run correctly anyways. After the install completes, you may overwrite the installed Extrs_POI_Editor.exe with the latest version. I do not always update the installer as often as the main program.

Camps and Vans is offline Corporal
    Thanks

I have been using Turbo's EPE since 2008 and have seen it progress from a good program to the best program I have used for the type of functions it was designed for. I cannot recommend this and his other programs highly enough and he is always available to answer or fix any problems.

Well worth the look
    Greg
    turboccc likes this.

Bert Impetigo is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

I'm trying EPE to create a Garmin GPI file with worldwide Harley Davidson dealers, for a Zumo 660. Just one problem remaining to solve, and that's the icons not showing at the POI site on the Garmin - I must be doing something wrong. I get a perfect "Whereto" Icon as I wanted. I've replaced the 000.png file in the "Custom Waypoint Symbols folder" with a suitable 000.bmp, and that appears showing the POIs in Mapsource, and in the editing page in EPE for each POI, but not on the Zumo in the map. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Jim

Thanks

What is the bitmap format of your map symbol? In the GPI file, it generally needs to be a 256-color (8-bit) bitmap.
    What is the size of your icon? Try 16x16 pixels for the zumo.
    One last thing: where did you put the bitmap file? If you create a harley.gpx ot harley.csv, you should have your icon named harley.bmp and in the same folder as the poi file. POI Loader will expect the file to be there. Map Source is not working the same way as POI Loader.

Bert Impetigo is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by turboccc View Post
    What is the bitmap format of your map symbol? In the GPI file, it generally needs to be a 256-color (8-bit) bitmap.
    What is the size of your icon? Try 16x16 pixels for the zumo.
    One last thing: where did you put the bitmap file? If you create a harley.gpx ot harley.csv, you should have your icon named harley.bmp and in the same folder as the poi file. POI Loader will expect the file to be there. Map Source is not working the same way as POI Loader.
    Thanks Turboccc. I solved that one - I was only using a .gpi, which I'd not done before, in order to get the "Whereto" icon. I knew how to make it work with a .gpx or csv. Answer was it had to be in the same folder as the two .bmp files for the "Whereto" icon (They have to be 16-bit or 24-bit, 68x68, to work by the way - neither 8-bit nor 32-bit works). Stupid of me, I should have worked that out before! That leads on to another problem though - getting the background of the Whereto icon's background to be transparent. Setting the background at the usual magenta 255,0,255 nearly works, but there's a cyan cast if you angle it slightly up, and a yellow if you angle it slightly down, so I suspect a bug there, which I doubt Garmin will fix. However, and this is where my question to you comes in, Harley's own "Whereto" icon is perfect, so would be the one to use, but of course it must be embedded in their .gpi file. Do you have any tool that permits recovery of it from their file? Couldn't see anything on your site, but I thought I'd ask......

Your tools are great, by the way - excellent work!

Jim

treelord is offline Private
    Thanks

Is there any way on a Magellan Roadmate 5175t-lm to edit the arrow for car or maybe change the color of the route? I searched the web for days and cant find any info.

Thanks

UnderGPS6 is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Can i use this tool to extract "POI" from "gmapprom.img" and add to my GPS separatly, like speed camera ?
    (of course, with all the icons)

cat2115 is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Hi, can this tool make color on the top bar. For example, Garmin Cyclops™ Safety Cameras display a red color on top of the screen. thx

Albie is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: Extra_POI_Editor v5.32

I just downloaded the latest version 5.32 installer and added the .chm help file. When I try to execute the program I get an unexpected error message. MY OS is XP pro SP3. I followed the instructions and removed the blocked indicator from the help file. The program file was not blocked. What do I still have to do to get the program to run.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast