Download (91.36 MB)
- BaseCamp is a 3D mapping application that allows you to transfer Garmin Custom Maps, BirdsEye Imagery, waypoints, tracks, and routes between your Mac and Garmin device. It allows you to manage your data on practically all Garmin map products, but topographic maps are required for 3-D rendering.
- Features include:
Transfer waypoints, geocaches, routes, and tracks to and from your GPS device.
Create, view, edit, and organize waypoints, routes, and tracks.
Find places, such as addresses, points of interest, and public land survey areas included in your detailed map data.
Download, display, and transfer BirdsEye imagery to supported devices.
Import, display and transfer Garmin Custom Maps to supported devices.
Printing the map, driving directions, and route and track profiles
View in Google Earth
Advanced geocache support
Integrated support for publishing photos online
Track and route play back
Exchange custom waypoint symbols with selected devices
- System Requirements:
Intel based Mac running OS 10.6 or higher. Tiger, Leopard and PowerPC users should use BaseCamp 2.1.2 available here.
1024 MB RAM (2048 MB recommended)
Changes made from version 4.2.3 to 4.2.4:
- Fixed crash that occurred when connection certain devices
- Fixed crash that occurred when doing a find on user data
- Fixed error when deleting the last track point in a track
- Fixed 'Arrive Continue' guidance issue on zumo 660
- Fixed address search issue when running in languages other than English
- Fixed user data from FIT files not being read from the Edge 800
- Fixed error when removing user data from a list or list folder
- Fixed error when selecting a track to create an Adventure from
- Click on 'Download' and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Double-click the file to open it.
- A new Finder window will open. Locate and double-click on the 'Garmin BaseCamp' icon.
- Follow the installer program's prompts to install Garmin BaseCamp.
Last edited by bjjfc; 1st November 2013 at 01:34.
Looking for a patched Mac/version
Leave the maps in the .gmap format, put the two .exe and the .bat file contained in "unlock gmap.rar" into the .gmap folder, run "un.bat", and when it is finished the map is unlocked.
All maps directly usable, install under base camp and they appear magically unlocked.
I have been scouring he web for the installer for BaseCamp 3.2.2 for Mac and have not been able to find a copy anywhere. Do you have any recommendations on where to look? I upgraded to 3.3.1 and it caused irreconcilable problems with pocket queries from geocaching.com; the geocaches would come in as waypoints. I worked for a week to fix this and failed utterly. Keep Hope Alive.
BaseCamp for Mac
released date: 10 February 2012
Download (66.54 MB)
Attachment 5894 Available in the Mac App Store (42.5 MB)
Changes made from version 3.2.2 to 3.3.1:
- Added Detailed Data table view for user data.
- Added shaping point support. Shaping points are not announced when you reach them. (Note that not all devices will support this feature.)
- Improved graphing of track data.
- Added display settings to adjust width of routes and tracks.
- Added support for importing waypoints and tracks from KML/KMZ files.
- Added ability for smart lists to follow any or all criteria.
- Added ability to drag URL from browser to the waypoint or track Link field.
- Added waypoint category to the waypoint dialog. This is synced with newer devices that support waypoint categories.
- Added contact and address info to the waypoint dialog.
- Added grade to the track dialog.
- Added notes and multiple link support to the track dialog.
- Improved printing of routes.
- Fixed issues with sending routes to the zumo.
- Fixed issue when duplicating a route. BaseCamp will now also duplicate the waypoints in that route.
- Added more activity profiles, with improved activity routing on supported maps.
- Added specific avoidances for various road classes, removed the road selection slider.
- Added ability to create custom activity profiles.
- Made activity selectable from relevant preference pages.
- Converting activity profiles where vehicle doesn't match the default for the profile to a custom activity profile.
- Changed to read all GPX files on a memory card, similar to how devices behave.
- Added the ability to create OpenCaching.com geocaches from a geocache or waypoint.
- Changed notifications from pop-ups to less obtrusive notifications.
- Added ability to use a key to temporarily switch to the hand tool. Defaults to the space key.
- Added ability to switch the behavior of mouse-scrolling between zooming and panning the map.
- Fixed an issue where reading data from fitness device caused BaseCamp to crash.
- Fixed an issue with importing certain GPX files with geocaches.
- Fixed an issue where downloading BirdsEye could cause BaseCamp to crash.
- Fixed crash that could occur when ejecting a device.
- Fixed issue where Undo and holding the Alt Key would terminate the current route creation using the Route Tool.
- Fixed zumo 5x0 and 4x0 route transfer issues. (Note that this may cause route transfer issues on the zumo 660. A future firmware update on the 660 will address this issue.)
Last edited by bjjfc; 24th March 2012 at 16:34.
BaseCamp for Mac
released date: 19 March 2012
Download (72.49 MB)
Changes made from version 3.3.1 to 3.3.2:
- Fixed an issue with sending data to an Edge 800
- Fixed an issue with importing data from old GDB files
- Fixed an issue where altitude was not added to a geotagged photo
- Fixed an issue a few crashes having to do with editing routes
- Fixed an issue with GPX files that had non-standard line breaks
- Fixed some of the default routing avoidances for certain profiles
- Fixed an issue that could cause some very long routes to create a direct route
Last edited by bjjfc; 1st September 2012 at 00:44.
BaseCamp for Mac
released date: 30 August 2012
Download (74.89 MB)
Changes made from version 3.3.2 to 4.0.1:
- Added Garmin Adventures, including; authoring, publishing, online search, downloading, playback, and transfer to supporting devices.
- Added a Photo Dialog to view geotagged photos in BaseCamp.
- Added ability to filter tracks by time, distance, or number of points.
- Added arrival, departure, and layover times for route via-points.
- Added a context menu on the map for the hand and selection tools.
- Added support for waypoint creation date, which will not be changed when updating the waypoint.
- Added a list in the waypoint properties dialog to display which routes a waypoint is used in.
- Added support for temperature and pressure in track statistics and graphs.
- Change to handle delete waypoints that are included in a route better.
- Added Basestation mode for compatible Astro, Rhino, and Alpha devices.
- Added intersection search when using the 'and' or '&' keywords.
- Added display of postal code in address search results.
- Added a read-only 'Unlisted Data' list that contains all items that are in no other lists.
- Added ability to create a route from a named trail.
- Added ability to import into folders and lists (and not always import into My Collection).
- Added link to the BaseCamp license agreement in help menu.
- Added ability to undo/redo changes made to data on a GPS and SD card.
- Added ability to accept Google Maps coordinate format when centering map at position.
- Added new dog icons.
- Added waypoint creation date to the waypoint properties dialog.
- Added ability to center on selected point in the track properties dialog.
- Added number of maneuvers in the driving directions in the route properties dialog
- Added option to encourage the user to recalculate a route when the map that the route was created with isn't found on the device.
- Added prompt when duplicating a route if BaseCamp should also duplicate the waypoints used in the route.
- Added size of selected BirdsEye imagery to the status bar.
- Change to narrow the POI categories available in find to the ones supported by the current map.
- Improved 'stack' when many photos are at the same spot on the map.
- Improved XML processing (so it should now be possible to import and export larger gpx files than previously).
- Improved the measurement tool's display of measurement information.
- Improved behavior when importing data into an already selected list or folder.
- Improved behavior when double-clicking on a list. BaseCamp will now zoom to the data contained in that list.
- Improved default file name for backup. The default name now contains the current date.
- Changed icon for gas stations with convenience stores to be the gas station icon, not the shopping cart.
- Fixed an issue where a device's SD card would not always be recognized by BaseCamp.
- Fixed numerous issues with finding addresses.
- Fixed area calculation for tracks.
- Fixed an issue where you could not rename an item from lower case to upper case (like renaming 'washington' to 'Washington').
- Fixed issue where the Geocache symbol was not consistent with found status when importing or adding a geocache.
- Fixed an issue where turning off the display of points would leave a lot of 'shopping cart' POIs on the map for certain map products.
- Fixed an issue where the selection was lost when left-clicking on the map with the hand tool.
- Fixed issues with creating routes from tracks.
- Fixed issue with displaying custom maps on devices.
Last edited by bjjfc; 3rd October 2012 at 05:04.
BaseCamp for Mac
released date: 2 October 2012
Download (75.00 MB)
Changes made from version 4.0.1 to 4.0.2:
- Fixed crash during device transfers
- Fixed crash while quitting BaseCamp
- Fixed crash when importing large files
- Fixed crash when downloading certain adventures
- Fixed issues with uploading adventure logs from devices
- Fixed all white text in summary tab of Route info
- Fixed creation date related to pictures in Waypoint
Last edited by bjjfc; 6th November 2012 at 02:03.
BaseCamp for Mac
released date: 1 November 2012
Download (74.87 MB)
Changes made from version 4.0.2 to 4.0.4:
- Added capability to create a geotagged photo from a waypoint that has photos
- Fixed issues related to Garmin Adventure publishing
- Fixed issues with importing Garmin Custom Maps
- Fixed issues with BaseStation mode
- Fixed issues with the Detailed Data List
- Fixed issue related to Birdseye download and transfer
- Fixed crash during adventure playback
- Fixed crash when exporting very large file
- Fixed crash when adding points to a route or track on map
- Fixed crash when transferring a route to device
- Improved copying of photos to device
Last edited by bjjfc; 27th January 2013 at 12:10.
BaseCamp for Mac
released date: 23 January 2013
Download (78.79 MB)
Changes made from version 4.0.4 to 4.1.0:
- Added support for Garmin Cloud Storage
- Added support for searching and displaying Custom POIs from devices (GPI file support)
- Added ability to user coordinates in search field
- Added ability to copy/paste data from tables (User Data Table, Tracks, etc.) into other applications
- Added ability to report map errors directly from within BaseCamp
- Added support for new statistics track extension, this should allow BaseCamp and future devices to have the same track statistics
- Added better error messages for Garmin Adventure publishing failures
- Combined the two search boxes into one
- Moved the search box to toolbar
- Fixed issues related to retina display
- Fixed various stability issues
Last edited by bjjfc; 7th February 2013 at 05:03.