Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Garmin Image Unlock gimgunlock v.0.03

Thanks

Re: Garmin Image Unlock gimgunlock v.0.03

First time running it. Said XOR is not 0, fix it. Ok, please tell.
    marbag likes this.

Thanks

Ok, I ran the other exe in the zip file and it fixed it. Thanks

josmed54 is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

I downloaded a locked version of NA.2013.30. Extracted fine to a folder I named Garmin. Downloaded gimgunlock v.0.03. Put gimgunlock.exe on my desktop. What file I am supposed to unlock from the folder that I named Garmin? I am stuck at this point, appreciate any help. TIA

Tiger is offline Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by josmed54 View Post
    I downloaded a locked version of NA.2013.30. Extracted fine to a folder I named Garmin. Downloaded gimgunlock v.0.03. Put gimgunlock.exe on my desktop. What file I am supposed to unlock from the folder that I named Garmin? I am stuck at this point, appreciate any help. TIA
    you downloaded a locked image/map... after you extracted you should have a file named either gmapprom.img or gmapsupp.img (depending on how the uploader named it). This is the MAP file that needs to be unlocked.

That .IMG is the file you wish to unlock. Just drag it onto the gimgunlock.exe tool icon and the .IMG will be unlocked.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    you downloaded a locked image/map... after you extracted you should have a file named either gmapprom.img or gmapsupp.img (depending on how the uploader named it). This is the MAP file that needs to be unlocked.
    That .IMG is the file you wish to unlock. Just drag it onto the gimgunlock.exe tool icon and the .IMG will be unlocked.
    When I extract I got 1 folder named City Navigator North America NT 2013.30.gmap. Within this folder 2 folders CNNANT_2013_30_mdr 719MB and Product 1 1.66 GB. Within these 2 folders no .IMG file is to be found. Something went wrong somewhere. Thanks Tiger

Tiger is offline Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by josmed54 View Post
    When I extract I got 1 folder named City Navigator North America NT 2013.30.gmap. Within this folder 2 folders CNNANT_2013_30_mdr 719MB and Product 1 1.66 GB. Within these 2 folders no .IMG file is to be found. Something went wrong somewhere. Thanks Tiger
    Ahh!... What you downloaded are the input files used by mapsource or map install. The .gmap folder and all it's contents are all that mapsource or map install needs to compile mapsets with custom map coverage (custom mapsets). If you wish to use Mapsource or map install you have more flexability in creating maps because you control the coverage and physical file sizes but there's more of a learning curve.

If you want a map that can be used directly in the GPS or on SD you need to download what is referred to as a Locked or Unlocked IMG. The tool "gimgunlock.exe" is used only to unlock an IMG as implied by it's name. A gmapsupp.img or a gmapprom.img map file is a compiled maps file that originated as a output file from either mapsource or mapinstall.
    josmed54 and audioG like this.

Thanks

Tiger, thank you for the input and explanation. I am learning Garmin have been a TTom person for years. Just d/l from TPB torrents an opened image and when I have a Garmin 1390T( bought one on Ebay yesterday) will put it in the SD card. Might be needing your help in the future.

Rob61 is offline Private
    Thanks

Hi guys, I have used gimgunlock in command prompt to unlock the 12345678.img file before passing through MapSetToolKit and when I open Mapsource 6.16.3 patched and when I open Mapsource it lists City Navigator PAN Africa 2013 20 but it doesn't show anything but a yellow square. Any idea? I run it in different ways even using GarminUnlocker in the %Application Data%/Garmin/Maps/ where all the image files have been installed by MapSetToolKit but it does exactly the same thing.

Berin is offline Private
    Thanks

Hi all - I've used gimgunlock to unlock CNNT Europe 2013.3, so I can download it onto an SD card to use with another device. That worked fine, and I can see the maps on the device (Montana 600). But, when I connect the Montana to the PC and run Basecamp, it doesn't see the CNNT Europe maps. Do I need to do something else to be able to use the maps on the device with Basecamp?

Thanks

I will try it thanks

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast