Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Garmin Image Unlock gimgunlock v.0.03

rajvosa is offline Lieutenant Colonel
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,535 Times in 404 Posts

Garmin Image Unlock gimgunlock v.0.03

Unlock a locked map so that it can be used on ALL devices. There is no need to specify your device ID or map keys. It works by decrypting the TRE sections, since the encryption key is also stored in the maps!
    Super fast speed. For example, a 2.3 GB image file can be unlocked in less than 4 seconds.

Ease of use - to unlock, simply drag the image file over the icon of gimgunlock.exe

Mod:
    Garmin Image Unlock gimgunlock v.0.03 for Mac OS X @ Post #23
    Last edited by bjjfc; 28th July 2013 at 13:24. Reason: added Garmin Image Unlock gimgunlock v.0.03 for Mac OS X post

Not need to write thanks .... just CLICK Thanks or Like or add reputation

2. The Following 164 Users Say Thank You to rajvosa For This Useful Post:

360sly, A3L, aburnetremon, Ahmed Abbas Ramadhan, akf, al2, AlexPPC, Alexstv, andrea170s, andres65, apacheup, aquilamer, arakiz, bartzz, batedor, benci81, Bertje9999, BigredTruck, bill990, bjjfc, bluespy, bnc, bobobobo, bubble.tea, buriedalien, caminetto, canaeo, cbonnaz, cfoek, Ciprian, colinmcs, constantynae, Cor1950, corrour, cruzer82, cstd99, daliborm, Data, dchan, dejann78, djbuzzy, dose88, drofli, dxbahmed, Ed1, edgelldj, encarta, evmillan, Fafa, Falcon_68, Feriansyah Pz, Fonske, fuji1899, garjim, garment, Garmin GPS, garminservice, garyg124, gis7, Gloopy, gnulab, GPS2011, GPS_User, gumikalapacs, harold2, hashima, HeloCaptain, huhu, indisposed, ingallpeter2, ionas, ionutzdan02, istudor, javado, jeans456, jedephone, joecosta, k1322, kaede, kantakart, kiki211, kimi_r, kkmnsc, Kor@l, kucengemok, kvikk55, LaMoLa, listefsg, lord of blood, lovefeast, m3t4ph0R, malous, marius7592, masarx, mdhami, mexfet, mhalda, Mhogena, miike06, mikeisho, Minaest3, moagdie, mosheys, mtone1, Narmacil, nedkelly, netorius77, niwigui, noephilippe, nunxei, orion2005, pavlitakis, pelokiwi, Pilou37, pipat10, pired, pjfb7800, ploukop, Ploy, pochemuchka, pois, polo11, popo2424, Randi, ResHum, Ringo_TB, Robke1, rolagator, rolfag, romcos, rstwingo, rumple1, sadao2k, Seagull, seven0f9, skrablasplus, soaresfx, sp3ct3r, spacecake, sparkym6uk, spirover, ss2000, sstefan57, Stor Bjorn, sunnyboy, temnik, TenTwenty, TestSat, TheWorker, thullen, tom455, trosten, Tuhajuhan, uid65252, ujang_je, Vazili5, vitalii6922, vucboj01, wk1671, xxI3inoxx, yh2005tw, zaize, zanwang, zen45

netorius77 is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Garmin Image Unlock gimgunlock v.0.03

Awesome... Thanks for this. I am always wary with new software, but this was really simple and quick. I wanted to install the Aus Topo V3 map on my 60CSx and had been struggling a bit. All i did here was to download the gmapsupp.img file onto my hard drive (edit: locked), download the gimgtools pack and extract the gimgunlock.exe file onto my desktop and then drag the gmapsupp.img file over it. It ran for about 15 seconds and then was complete - unlocked.

I then copied the unlocked file onto the SD card of my 60CSx and switched it on - all good. Now I just have to work out how to install the Topo map into Mapsource on my PC.
    Last edited by netorius77; 7th October 2012 at 03:58. Reason: typed unlocked instead of locked
    tjs3 likes this.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to netorius77 For This Useful Post:

NeilP is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by netorius77 View Post
    All i did here was to download the gmapsupp.img file onto my hard drive (unlocked), download the gimgtools pack and extract the gimgunlock.exe file onto my desktop and then drag the gmapsupp.img file over it. It ran for about 15 seconds and then was complete - unlocked.

I then copied the unlocked file onto the SD card of my 60CSx and switched it on - all good. Now I just have to work out how to install the Topo map into Mapsource on my PC.
    Now this got me confused.

I thought this tool was supposed to UNLOCK the img file..yet you said in your post you downloaded the UNLOCKED gmapsupp.img file. Did you mean you downloaded the LOCKED file?
    tjs3 likes this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NeilP For This Useful Post:

Tiger is offline Lieutenant Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by netorius77 View Post
    Awesome... Thanks for this. I am always wary with new software, but this was really simple and quick. I wanted to install the Aus Topo V3 map on my 60CSx and had been struggling a bit. All i did here was to download the gmapsupp.img file onto my hard drive (unlocked), download the gimgtools pack and extract the gimgunlock.exe file onto my desktop and then drag the gmapsupp.img file over it. It ran for about 15 seconds and then was complete - unlocked.

Just an FYI

It is not necessary to further UNLOCK an "already UNLOCKED" IMG that you download.

But it also does no harm to the IMG if you happpen to run the tool on any previously unlocked IMG.
    valmet58, tjs3 and BlitsBritz like this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

netorius77 is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

My apologies. I typed "unlocked" instead of "locked" - I have corrected my previous post. It seems that it doesn't matter if the .img was locked or not it seems from the above post.
    tjs3 likes this.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to netorius77 For This Useful Post:

Frank1960 is offline Private
    Thanks

Don't mind the stupid question but where do you get locked images?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank1960 For This Useful Post:

Tiger is offline Lieutenant Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1960 View Post
    Don't mind the stupid question but where do you get locked images?
    The links can posted here can be for either LOCKED or UNLOCKED right here in this forum. It all depends on the poster. If the name in the link does not specifically say UNLOCKED it's probably locked.

Some folks prefer LOCKED imgages and prefer to unlock them themselves. The reason for that is because if you download an UNLOCKED img but it was not properly unlocked, some map features (like searches) may not work correctly when you put it in the GPS. These days those proplems rarely exist because the superb tools like gimgunlock and the fastimgunlocker tools which are pretty much idiot/mistake proof.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have a Nuvi 600 that I messed up. I don't have any maps at all on it. Can I use this to unlock/fix it? Also, what maps for the US can be used that will fit on it? Thanks!!!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ssandheinrich For This Useful Post:

rajvosa is offline Lieutenant Colonel
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,535 Times in 404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ssandheinrich View Post
    I have a Nuvi 600 that I messed up. I don't have any maps at all on it. Can I use this to unlock/fix it? Also, what maps for the US can be used that will fit on it? Thanks!!!!
    This is a tool to unlock locked .IMG
    Tuhajuhan and nowy1984 like this.

Not need to write thanks .... just CLICK Thanks or Like or add reputation

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rajvosa For This Useful Post:

G755T is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

For some reason, this just deleted the file after unlocking it.
    valmet58 likes this.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to G755T For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast