Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 'MapSelect': a new program to select maps in your Garmin or storage card

Thanks

Re: 'MapSelect': a new program to select maps in your Garmin or storage card

New 1xxx series allow you to create any new map with any name just tagged with img on the device map folder. The only restriction is that internal memory has only 2gb. The external microSD can accept only gmapsupp.img as its deault map.
    jhr59 likes this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zanwu For This Useful Post:

power_max is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

i dont inderstand how i cant have 2 maps on my SD card in garmin nuvi 350. it's posible working with 2 maps? plese can you help me step by step.

please :-( :-( :-(

wwoef is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

As I understand, with a nuvi device you can only have one file 'gmapsupp.img' on your SD card.
    Internally you may have 2 more - see first post in this thread.
    Good luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Airion View Post
    Your program is very interesting.

Thanks
    There is a minor update to the program: it crashed when a \garmin folder didn't contain a valid image file.
    If any more problems pop - please PM me!
    QS

gabinho is offline Private
    Thanks

How many maps can I have on my Garmin?

3 right? 2 on internal memory, and 1 on SD? is there a way for my to put more maps?

because is boring to every time change the name of the map to gmapsupp.img for the gps to recongnize it (I use multiple maps)...

is anybody knows how to use more than 3 maps, please tell us how, PLEASE

Moose is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gabinho View Post
    How many maps can I have on my Garmin?

3 right? 2 on internal memory, and 1 on SD? is there a way for my to put more maps?

because is boring to every time change the name of the map to gmapsupp.img for the gps to recongnize it (I use multiple maps)...

is anybody knows how to use more than 3 maps, please tell us how, PLEASE
    It is very simple. Use Mapsource program and compile as many maps (map family) as you have on your mapsource program into ONE .img file. Load it to the SD card and place it in your GPS. Your gps in map setup menu gives you ability to display any of above compiled map family , or none. I tried it on 60 csx and Nuvi 760 with, BlueChart Americas, City navigator N.A. nt , Topo Canada v4 , Metroguide Canada v5 ,Toponav Quebec and TrackMarine v5.0.1 and it works perfectly. Six map families on SD card ,and one plus in the internal memory of the Nuvi. The only limit is in the size of the SD card and GPS ability to read them.
    Last edited by Moose; 31st October 2010 at 22:04.

Hellspaw is offline Private
    Thanks

Newbie Here
    Can I use this program to get my oregon 550 to recognise a downloaded GB discoverer IMG file?

louischoo is offline Private
    Thanks

thanks..............

tsinuski is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Moved to new thread
    Last edited by tsinuski; 8th December 2010 at 20:31.

mollex is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Does this program also works for a Garmin GPSmap 278C, connected via USB?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast