Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 'MapSelect': a new program to select maps in your Garmin or storage card

ss1122 is offline Private
    Thanks

Re: 'MapSelect': a new program to select maps in your Garmin or storage card

How to unlock
    The map
    [IMG][/IMG]

Through the card reader
    [IMG][/IMG]
    djfeedback likes this.

Thanks

thank you very much

Thanks

cool, really nice to know !!!

thanks for the info

Thanks

much appreciated, wwoef!

will give this a try on oregon 550 and post a feedback here.

Gnin60secns is offline Corporal
    Thanks

can you give new link to your program?

Thanx

AndyCap is offline Private
    Thanks

I would like to give this a try if working program is still available.

Rook is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

1) Apparently, MapSelect is no longer available; the download links are dead.

2) I have an eTrex Vista HCx w/ a 4GB microSD. While I can put several maps on the microSD and select among them via the USB, I want to select the map without a PC. If I merge the maps into one IMG file, there are hundreds of tiles to turn on or off, which is absurd. Can the tiles in one IMG be combined into one big tile, so that merging two IMGs results in only two tiles? This would solve my dilemma.

TheWorker is offline Private
    Thanks

I have an Etrex Legend HCX (Firmware V3.20) with topo BeNeLux, topo Germany and City Navigator Europe on one 4GB microSD. You can put the maps together in one gmapsupp.img with MapSource. I can choose the maps in the menu from the Etrex and that works fine.

Note. the gmapsupp.img has a limit of 4GB.

marian_r is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Here is link:

Map Select

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marian_r For This Useful Post:

Rook is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorker View Post
    I have an Etrex Legend HCX (Firmware V3.20) with topo BeNeLux, topo Germany and City Navigator Europe on one 4GB microSD. You can put the maps together in one gmapsupp.img with MapSource. I can choose the maps in the menu from the Etrex and that works fine.

Note. the gmapsupp.img has a limit of 4GB.
    Exactly, TW -- this is my desired result. However, using MapSource, whether I generate a full IMG or I output separate sub-IMGs (topo & City Navigator) then join them via GMapTool, my eTrex shows the individual constituent tiles, of which there are hundreds. I want a quick way to select between topo and CityNav, fully, without mucking around with the tiles AND without needing to have my PC connected. Is there some hidden tiles/no-tiles option when transferring from MapSource to the device?

My eTrex firmware is 3.20 and my MapSource is v6.16.3.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast