Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: UnLock MapSource Directory - Latest Updates

Thanks

Re: UnLock MapSource Directory - Latest Updates

It didn't work on me. Tried running as an administrator too. Can anyone help or can send me the file please? I am very new to this and am going to Oz to live next week.

Thanks

Hi,
    Does the same for me.
    even whwn running as administrator
    Unlocker window opens and shows:
    "maps producr not found" with enter unlocker closes

PS.: I ahve patched version mapsource 6.16.3 installed

Tiger is offline Lieutenant Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nenhokirneh View Post
    Hi,
    Does the same for me.
    even whwn running as administrator
    Unlocker window opens and shows:
    "maps producr not found" with enter unlocker closes

PS.: I ahve patched version mapsource 6.16.3 installed

You got that message because you must copy the tool to the same directory as the maps you are trying to unlock. The tool itself has noting to do with Mapsource itself or its version. The tool simply works on the files which Mapsource uses and must be in the proper directory to find them. That directory is typicaly the ".gmap" directory

For example:
    On an XP system the directory for CNNANT 2012.4 is
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GARMIN\Maps\City Navigator North America NT 2012.40.gmap

On Vista and Windows 7 systems
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Garmin\Maps\City Navigator North America NT 2012.40.gmap
    Last edited by Tiger; 13th April 2012 at 12:49.

Thanks

very interesting!

Thanks

thanks
    heaps

Thanks

thanks heaps...

Thanks

lovely tool,I like it, fast and perfect unlock any map

tcpdwpzn is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    You got that message because you must copy the tool to the same directory as the maps you are trying to unlock. The tool itself has noting to do with Mapsource itself or its version. The tool simply works on the files which Mapsource uses and must be in the proper directory to find them. That directory is typicaly the ".gmap" directory

For example:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GARMIN\Maps\City Navigator North America NT 2012.40.gmap

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Garmin\Maps\City Navigator North America NT 2012.40.gmap
    Uhm Hi Tiger... I did this as mentioned. The original folders were in C:\ProgramData on my Windows7 Laptop move it to the users\ path as mentioned but no luck. Strange as I see it creating something called temp.img but as the UnlockMapSource runs through the files it disappears and reappears (FileSize increases and decreases each time) In the end the file doesnt remain. :-( Im using this on the Garmap Sub-Saharan Africa StreetMaps 2012.3 for my Nuvi 200.

Please help. Want to know if this is successful do i then need to use JetMouse for example to create the Unlock file as well?

Thanks in advance.

tcpdwpzn is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post

For example:

Uhm Hi Tiger... I did this as mentioned. The original folders were in C:\ProgramData on my Windows7 Laptop move it to the users\ path as mentioned but no luck. Strange as I see it creating something called temp.img but as the UnlockMapSource runs through the files it disappears and reappears (FileSize increases and decreases each time) In the end the file doesnt remain. :-( Im using this on the Garmap Sub-Saharan Africa StreetMaps 2012.3 for my Nuvi 200.

Please help. Want to know if this is successful do i then need to use JetMouse for example to create the Unlock file as well?

Thanks in advance.

Tiger is offline Lieutenant Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tcpdwpzn View Post

Thanks in advance.
    If unlock mapsource is successful you will not need jetmouse or anything else.

to see if it was successful
    1. start mapsource
    2. Press CTRL-U and you will get to the "Map Product Manager Screen"
    3. Your maps should be listed with a status of "Not Lockable"

I just downloaded those maps via the link from this forum, unlocked, and tested them (on an XP system). The only difference is operating systems is where mapsource looks for the folder named "SA Streetmaps 2012.gmap". If installed an unlocked properly they work perfectly.

It's very simple....
    1. On your system, find the folder named "SA Streetmaps 2012.gmap" <<< this folder contains everything you need.
    2. Copy the UnLock MapSource Directory V2.4.exe tool into that folder and run the tool. It will unlock all files an finish.
    3. Your maps should now be unlockable and visible in mapsource.
    Last edited by Tiger; 24th October 2012 at 19:02. Reason: Added a lot of info

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)