GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Garmin Homeport v2.0.4

Ipmark is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Garmin Homeport v2.0.4

Garmin Homeport v2.0.4

Before heading out on the open water, plan your voyage with HomePort — marine trip-planning software¹ that lets you plan and organize routes from the convenience of your computer.

Use your existing BlueChart® preprogrammed card, or transfer the preloaded maps² directly from your chartplotter to an SD™ card. Then simply plug the card into your computer's card reader to start planning your voyage.

Navigating waters with no visible landmarks or shallow shorelines can be a daunting task for even the most experienced navigator. With your existing BlueChart data together with HomePort on your computer, you’ll have the ability to view map details such as underwater hazards and hidden obstacles and plan a route to avoid them.

HomePort also offers features such as depth profiles, distance and bearing measurements, and tidal predictions.
    Manage Your Data

In addition to managing waypoints, routes and tracks, you can store information from past voyages right on your computer. HomePort also will help you create point-to-point routes, determine fuel usage and estimate your travel time for each leg of your route — saving you time and money.
    View Marine Charts

It’s easy to browse and view chart detail on your computer screen and mark waypoints and other points of interest. When finished, send the data to an SD card or proprietary Garmin datacard to load into your compatible Garmin chartplotter or sounder.

HomePort is compatible with BlueChart, BlueChart g2 and BlueChart g2 Vision® navigation charts. Currently, it is only compatible with Windows® operating systems.

¹HomePort software does not include map data.

²Inland Lakes software is not compatible with HomePort. If using a device preloaded with Inland Lakes software in conjunction with BlueChart g2 and g2 Vision pre-programmed cards, only the pre-programmed cards are compatible.

Mirror sites added:
    [Mirror 1] [Mirror 2] [Mirror 3] [Mirror 4] [Mirror 5] [Mirror 6] [Mirror 7] [Mirror 8] [Mirror 9]
    Last edited by Ipmark; 26th February 2012 at 20:25. Reason: Link Updated, Torrent added.
    lalatoel likes this.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ipmark For This Useful Post:

timp4411 is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: Garmin Homeport v2.0.4

I got an error saying "No previous version found" and the install terminated.

What to do ?

Ipmark is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

It's an update, but if you haven't a previous version installed in the PC, simply decompress the executable with Winrar and install it by HPMAIN_xxx.msi .
    Last edited by Ipmark; 6th January 2011 at 15:58.

lgmge is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipmark View Post
    Decompress the executable with Winrar
    Install by HPMAIN_xxx.msi
    Works fine like this! Thanks!

cobbynq55 is offline Private
    Thanks

Hi have loaded programme works with bluechart g2 east coast Australia, but have limited functions ie no printing or export or backup.
    Map has been unlocked with fast img unlocker, Many Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipmark View Post
    It's an update, but if you haven't a previous version installed in the PC, simply decompress the executable with Winrar and install it by HPMAIN_xxx.msi .
    could you explain to me what you mean with "install it by HPMAIN_xxx.msi"

qrumba is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

If you have decompressed the exe file there should be several files HPMAIN_xxx.msi with xxx stands for language shortcut (HPMAIN_DEU.msi for German, HPMAIN_ENU.msi for English etc.). Just doubleclick the file with the language shortcut you like most and the installation will start.

asprin624 is offline Lieutenant
    Thanks

Thanks
    Will give this a try

Thanks

I got the homeport installed, but when I insert an sd card with an img file that I downloaded it shows that it is reading the card in the left hand pane (a red progress bar) then the charts are not available. I did download the img file and it works fine in my GPS but not in homeport....

Is there something special I need to do? Rename the img file? Name the sdcard? I am thinking that homeport won't read this downloaded img file for copyright reasons perhaps...

Any suggestions?

catymag is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cwereley View Post
    I got the homeport installed, but when I insert an sd card with an img file that I downloaded it shows that it is reading the card in the left hand pane (a red progress bar) then the charts are not available. I did download the img file and it works fine in my GPS but not in homeport....

Is there something special I need to do? Rename the img file? Name the sdcard? I am thinking that homeport won't read this downloaded img file for copyright reasons perhaps...

Any suggestions?
    The bluechart name must be gmapsupp.img (1 per sd) and placed in a "Garmin " directory.
    Homeport read also locked bluecharts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast