Re: Garmin Cyclops™ Safety Cameras - Australia Update
For those who are struggling to swap old for new files I have just done mine and written down each step
1. Click on download link e.g. Garmin GPS Systems, Garmin POI’s, Speed Camera Database last page for latest download (I use his modified FID 700 files) and save to desk top.
2. Open Zipeg (or any other unzip programme, Winzip etc), set destination folder, click on ‘open’, select Cyclops.rar file, click on ‘extract’ and check in destination folder (normally My documents/Cyclops).
3. Open this new Cyclops folder and delete the countries you don’t want (GPI file), and the UNI file with the same name. For each country you DO want to use you will need to modify the UNL File (1KB size) with Jetmouse Garmin Key generator (also downloadable from GPS underground).
If you have AVG or similar you will need to turn the ‘Residential Shield’ component off as Jetmouse has a Key Generator which looks like a Trojan Horse to most anti-virus programmes!
4. Open Jetmouse, add the 10 digit Sat nav I.D. Code (This is NOT it’s serial number! Often begins with 33 and has no letters in it) Select map set and scroll down to ‘Custom Mapset’ in the FID box type in 700 leave the others as 1/0 etc, click ‘OK’, hit ‘Generate’ button on lower right hand corner. Make a note of this 25 digit code, open the UNL file for the country you wish to add to the satnav, delete the row of XXXXXXXX and add this new code with letters in capitals – Close this file and Jetmouse. You can then use ‘copy’ and paste this 25 digit code into every country you wish to use.
5. Plug in satnav via USB lead and open in Explorer, look in ?:\Garmin\poi delete the old speed camera files, and matching UNL files (leaving the POI file) and replace with the new ones, unplug satnav and let it fully switch on, then it’s ready for use!