Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: REQUEST for POI's - Post it here

Tiger is offline Major
    Thanks

Re: Garmin 755 POI Hell

Quote Originally Posted by Axioms View Post
    You were 100% correct regarding the double .img file! Bravo! I know I'm close! I just re-read your instrcutions and now understand (I think) that the Marco Polo File won't work as I thought...... I just need to find a good Garmon POI file...
    I'm curious... why do you think you need an additioinal POI file at all. There are several million POI's built into the gmapsupp.img (map file).

And I think those travel guides are junk (just my personal opinion).

Axioms is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Tiger... Just when I thought I knew what I was doing, you again schooled me.

1) After confirming they were indeed in the maps area of "about".... I then looked where you suggested and they are now in "Extras" as Marco Polo..... For some reason I assumed they would show up in the standard POI folder that operated via your location.

1a) As to your point regarding the "several million POI's".... The Europe Map I have contains no POI's.... Zilch..... That's the reason I've been on this quest.

2) The Marco Polo Guide now seems not as attractive as you suggested. The MP Guide is only showing what appears to be Ireland POI's.... but that may just be a location thing as I can't seem to force it to look only in any of the 5 countries the map includes.ceratin countries

3) I tried using your method to "reset" the 755 by using my other SD card with US info on it, but it just does not want to Reset and ask the Load question......

4) I'm thinking the Europe Map I am using may just not have had the POI's packaged along with it.... Why else would they not appear?

Tiger is offline Major
    Thanks

1) After confirming they were indeed in the maps area of "about".... I then looked where you suggested and they are now in "Extras" as Marco Polo..... For some reason I assumed they would show up in the standard POI folder that operated via your location.

1a) As to your point regarding the "several million POI's".... The Europe Map I have contains no POI's.... Zilch..... That's the reason I've been on this quest.

2) The Marco Polo Guide now seems not as attractive as you suggested. The MP Guide is only showing what appears to be Ireland POI's.... but that may just be a location thing as I can't seem to force it to look only in any of the 5 countries the map includes.ceratin countries

3) I tried using your method to "reset" the 755 by using my other SD card with US info on it, but it just does not want to Reset and ask the Load question......

4) I'm thinking the Europe Map I am using may just not have had the POI's packaged along with it.... Why else would they not appear?

Garmin MAPS contain ALL the built in POIs I can only think of 2 reasons they would not be there.

1. you haven't selected the map for use on your MAP INFO Page.

2. you downloaded a bad gmapsupp.img which somebody create incorrectly and it's simply incomplete. Get a good IMG and it will work.

Also... The POI's could be there and you're somehow not realizing it.

1. Put the GPS in simulation mode (tools > settings > system > simulation mode to ON
    2. pan/drag the map on the screen to some major location in Europe contained in your map and do a "Set Location" on the bottom of the map screen (this can only be done in simulation mode). Your vehicle will relocate and the GPS no thinks you are now there.
    Now do a "where to" from your main map screen and do a "find" (to start a search for POIs).
    Now Select "Spell" as the search option but don't enter anything in the spell window. Instead, just cllick "Done" and the 755 will list all POI's near where you have set your location.

Tiger is offline Major
    Thanks

There is no "standard POI folder" associated with your locarion. I'm not sure what you are expecting to find. The only POI folders are your "Favorites" (which only has things you save there) and "Recently Found" folder which contains the last 50 items you looke up with a search/find.

That's because Marco Polo is a separate stand alone product, A Travel Guide and has nothing to do with the maps you have loaded.

1. a faulty gmapsupp.img (this is pretty darned rare unless someone tried a mapsource conversion from an IMG file to make a smaller mapsset)
    2. a user error of some sort which messes up searches (see below about multiple maps)

I assume you have 2 sets of maps installed. One in the GPS and now one ON SD. Enable only one map at a time. If you have 2 maps enabled at the same time they will behave very strangely and searches may not work if there is any geographicale overlap at all in those two maps. They will not load correctly.

Axioms is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

I'm in the process of dowmnloading a "Garmin CN Europe NT 2013.10 Unlocked IMG Map" that hopefully will have the POI's along with it. Your patience and suggestion have been invaluable. I would have not gotten as far as I have without your help... Thanks!

Reaper1242 is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Garmin Cyclops updates for South Africa?

Hi,
    I see that as of 31 July 2012 road safety data for South Africa are being moved to cyclops. Does anyone know where I can get hold of them?

Thanks in advance

jono400 is offline Corporal
    Thanks

speed cam warnings on the Garmin nuvi 1300 uk ??

Having just purchased a used garmin nuvi 1300 sat nav unit amd now wondering regards speed cam updates ?? are the garmin speed cam updates fairly accurate when compared to the likes off the ones on the pgpsw site ?? anywhere I may d/load the latest ones foc ?? not sure when the cameras were last updated on this one ?

lastly, possible to set the warning distances, enable only certain types off cameras on the 1300 ??

bjjfc is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,197 Times in 342 Posts

Re: speed cam warnings on the Garmin nuvi 1300 uk ??

alexilou is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Industrial park poi for Europe??

hi to all:

where I can download the poi's corresponding to the industrial park for everycountry in europe???

thanks

Thanks

I have the same problem with my nuvi 2445 lmt. Just a few poi eg just 4 vets in The Netherlands, my old tomtom could find just in the neighbourhood several dozens. A 'm just interested in vets in the whole of Europe.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast