Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: GARMIN ADDITIONS FILES (ASR, G2S, DB, 3D...) What & How to update.

MAMOUTHENH is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Smile Re: GARMIN ADDITIONS FILES (ASR, G2S, DB, 3D...) What & How to update.

Thank you Kor@l for excellent effort

I have the following questions please:

1. GARMIN ADDITIONS FILES (ASR, G2S, DB, 3D...) are they unlocked files, or they might come in locked format too (like gmapsupp.img), and if so do we need spacial software tools to unlock them.

2. GARMIN ADDITIONS FILES (ASR, G2S, DB, 3D...) can be used in with devices of the same models. Means can I copy and use them from device to another for the same model.

3. I have xxxx.db in Device:\.System\SQLite for 2011.1 Europe map, after I started to copy xxxx.db files for new 2012.1 Europe Map, i have got message that "This folder is already contains a file named local_poi.db". Please advice what to do??

Thanks in advance for your time
    Last edited by MAMOUTHENH; 16th October 2011 at 19:45.

Kor@l is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,841 Times in 439 Posts

Re: GARMIN ADDITIONS FILES (ASR, G2S, DB, 3D...) What & How to update.

The only one locked file is the3D Building map, JCV G2S and other files don't need unlock.
    The addition files can be use in all the devices that support this features, even if are not the same models,
    the only DB updated file is DXXXX.DB file, the local_poi.db files are the same, thats why you will find only 1 DB file to update.

Regards

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kor@l View Post
    The only one locked file is the3D Building map, JCV G2S and other files don't need unlock.
    The addition files can be use in all the devices that support this features, even if are not the same models,
    the only DB updated file is DXXXX.DB file, the local_poi.db files are the same, thats why you will find only 1 DB file to update.

Regards

Thank you for time and value answer

I have two questions please:
    1. Is JCV file for the same map coverage can work with all of the versions for the same map.
    Means JCV file of CN Europe 2011.4 can work with CN Europe of 2012.2, and vice versa.

2. The JCV files can be use in all the devices that support this features, even if are not the same models,
    Are the JCV Files of different resolutions can jump between the models and work????
    Means JCV file of nuvi 37xx (high resolution photoreal) 681Mb can work in nuvi 765 (Photoreal) 317Mb with low resolution and vice visa.

Thanks

Tiger is offline Major
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MAMOUTHENH View Post
    Thank you for time and value answer

I have two questions please:
    1. Is JCV file for the same map coverage can work with all of the versions for the same map.
    Means JCV file of CN Europe 2011.4 can work with CN Europe of 2012.2, and vice versa.

Definitely NOT. JCV files are linked to a specific release aqnd will work only with that version.

2. The JCV files can be use in all the devices that support this features, even if are not the same models,
    Are the JCV Files of different resolutions can jump between the models and work????
    Means JCV file of nuvi 37xx (high resolution photoreal) 681Mb can work in nuvi 765 (Photoreal) 317Mb with low resolution and vice visa.

They will generally work (will display on screen) but not always as expected. They may display as the wrong size or aspect ratio when used in the GPS they were not intended for. There are MANY JCV file variants released with each map release and I think the only way to be 100% sure is to try them and see (very simple to do). I know anything that works in a 765 will also work 100% correctly in a 14xx and vica versa.

Thanks
    see comments above in red

Thanks

Thank you Tiger

Your time and answer is highly appreciated.

I will try your advice and test JCV files of different resolution in different models.

Upon getting the results I will post feedback.

Vasili is offline Private
    Thanks

How do i know which .jcv file is the right one for my gps. Have a garmin nuvi 775.
    Just downloaded CN europe 2012 and the .jcv file from this thread: http://gpsunderground.com/forum/garm...ed-img%5D.html
    The maps are working fine but the junction view is not showing. Just copied the file D3084020A.JCV to the jcv folder. I have two other files in the same folder that i didn't erased. Do i have to? what am I doing wrong?
    Sorry for the question but i'm new to this. I've searched the forum but didn't found any answer.
    Thanks

Tiger is offline Major
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vasili View Post
    How do i know which .jcv file is the right one for my gps. Have a garmin nuvi 775.
    Just downloaded CN europe 2012 and the .jcv file from this thread: http://gpsunderground.com/forum/garm...pe-nt-2012-20-[mapsource][unlocked-img].html
    The maps are working fine but the junction view is not showing. Just copied the file D3084020A.JCV to the jcv folder. I have two other files in the same folder that i didn't erased. Do i have to? what am I doing wrong?
    Sorry for the question but i'm new to this. I've searched the forum but didn't found any answer.
    Thanks
    That looks like the correct file according to what is posted in the link. In fact I think I tested that one once in a 755 and it worked fine.
    D3084020A for 7x5 for 2012.2
    http://www.multiupload.com/CPIXO29D74

Are you sure the maps you downloaded are 2012.2 and not 2012.1 ? The JCV files are identified by their file name and will work only with the version of the map they were released with. You shouldn't have to erase the others but you "could" if they are no longer being used maps you currently have installed.

Maybe you did nothing wrong! How do you know for certain that JCV is not working? Perhaps you haven't hit an area for which there are Junction views available. You could test by putting your GPS in simulation mode and setup a couple of short routes into Heathrow Airport on some of the major highways (the bog ones in red on the map). That is where I easily found Junction Views when I was testing them on a 755. I'm not from Europe so I can't give you much more detail than that.

Vasili is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    That looks like the correct file according to what is posted in the link. In fact I think I tested that one once in a 755 and it worked fine.
    D3084020A for 7x5 for 2012.2
    http://www.multiupload.com/CPIXO29D74

Are you sure the maps you downloaded are 2012.2 and not 2012.1 ? The JCV files are identified by their file name and will work only with the version of the map they were released with. You shouldn't have to erase the others but you "could" if they are no longer being used maps you currently have installed.

Maybe you did nothing wrong! How do you know for certain that JCV is not working? Perhaps you haven't hit an area for which there are Junction views available. You could test by putting your GPS in simulation mode and setup a couple of short routes into Heathrow Airport on some of the major highways (the bog ones in red on the map). That is where I easily found Junction Views when I was testing them on a 755. I'm not from Europe so I can't give you much more detail than that.
    Ok I will try that and see if something shows up.
    Thansk for you time.

Edit:
    junction view is working fine, after all. How do I change the view mode to split screen showing the navigation info and the junction view at the same time. On the nuvi 775 when the junction view pops up it's full screen.
    Last edited by Vasili; 28th October 2011 at 11:34.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,470 Times in 243 Posts

Hi my friend... It's a' very nice guide, just plain as you wright... :-)
    have a' nice day my friend.. :-)

wggutierrez is offline Private
    Thanks

Where to put the JCV file?

I was able to download a JCV folder with a JCV file inside. I think, this is from a nuvi 1360t unit.
    Can i get this junction view to work on my Nuvi 1390t unit? Where do i put the JCV file?
    Last edited by wggutierrez; 10th November 2011 at 11:25.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast