Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How to find SD ID number ( 10 Digits)

Thanks

How to find SD ID number ( 10 Digits)

Hello,

To unlock Bluechart maps I need my ID number from the ID card.
    Does somebody know how I can find this number. I have a dakota 20.
    HDD ID Utility does not work anymore.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eske19 For This Useful Post:

qrumba is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: How to find SD ID number ( 10 Digits)

Hi, I was looking for such a possibility for a long time without success, but last week I had problems with my PC running WIN XP Pro and had to start with an emergency cd. There Unix was startet and an utility supplied (lshw), which showes the ID number for my SD cards, when I put them into an USB stick card reader.
    This emergency CD is from Computerbild.de and downloadable:
    Code:
    http://www.computerbild.de/download/COMPUTER-BILD-Notfall-CD-3127466.html
    I hope this helps.
    When you make your Bluechart 'unlockable' you do not need the ID number of the SD card. You only need the Bluechart unlocker (should be somewhere on this site).
    A second possibility is, to unlock the Bluechart using the unit ID of your Dakota 20.
    Some GPSr show the SD card ID in there system information screen (special function).

Greetings and good luck
    qrumba

WknThDg is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qrumba View Post
    Hi, I was looking for such a possibility for a long time without success, but last week I had problems with my PC running WIN XP Pro and had to start with an emergency cd. There Unix was startet and an utility supplied (lshw), which showes the ID number for my SD cards, when I put them into an USB stick card reader.
    This emergency CD is from Computerbild.de and downloadable:
    Code:
    http://www.computerbild.de/download/COMPUTER-BILD-Notfall-CD-3127466.html
    I hope this helps.
    When you make your Bluechart 'unlockable' you do not need the ID number of the SD card. You only need the Bluechart unlocker (should be somewhere on this site).
    A second possibility is, to unlock the Bluechart using the unit ID of your Dakota 20.
    Some GPSr show the SD card ID in there system information screen (special function).

Greetings and good luck
    qrumba
    I downloaded the emergency CD disk iso file and burned it.
    After booting to this CD with my laptop, I ran "Xfce-Menu">"Weitere Wartungswerkzeuge">"Hardware anzeigen" and it starts the "lshw" program.
    I connected a USB SD card reader with my SD card in it and also tried my SanDisk Cruser Micro USB drive.
    I assume that these devices would show in the "Flash Memory" section of lshw as shown in the pic below (2nd column, 4th item).
    Unfortunately, lshw did not show either of these USB devices or even a "Flash Memory" section for me.

Dave is offline Private
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: How to find SD ID number ( 10 Digits)

Hi all
    I use a garmin c320/c330 unit
    Tap and hold the clock for aprox 10 seconds a test mode should come up.
    Insert you sd card and move to the next screen after a short time the sd card id number should be displayed.
    I believe that some of the older street navs will all so have the same test mode

Good luck
    Dave

qrumba is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    I downloaded the emergency CD disk iso file and burned it.
    After booting to this CD with my laptop, I ran "Xfce-Menu">"Weitere Wartungswerkzeuge">"Hardware anzeigen" and it starts the "lshw" program.
    I connected a USB SD card reader with my SD card in it and also tried my SanDisk Cruser Micro USB drive.
    I assume that these devices would show in the "Flash Memory" section of lshw as shown in the pic below (2nd column, 4th item).
    Unfortunately, lshw did not show either of these USB devices or even a "Flash Memory" section for me.
    Hi,
    try to follow the USB Controller entries (column 2 / Host bridge - column three / USB Controller ...). One of them should lead you to your USB card reader and / or to the SanDisk Micro USB drive.

I think the chance to get the SD card ID is greater with the Micro USB drive, for with the SD card reader you may only get the Id of the card reader (and not the SD card ID). I got the SD card Id with a very cheap USB micro sd card reader supplied with the Micro SD Card (maybe by ScanDisk?).
    My Oregon 400t does not show the SD Card Id number on its System Information Screen so your Dakota 20 will not either.
    Best greetings
    qrumba

sunnrider is offline Private
    Thanks

I had to do this recently and I saved the results in notepad in case I´d ever come across it again.
    It gives you an 8 digit ID but maybe it also works for 10 digits, if someone can confirm?

You´ll need a media card slot. Stick the card in and open it in My Computer.
    Right-click and Open the USBTRANS file, then select UNIT_ID and Open it with Notepad.
    You´ll have to find "SD Serial Number" in the list and write down the first 8 numbers.
    Separate these 8 numbers into 4 pairs.
    For example if your number is: 1234567R then that makes: 12 34 56 7R
    Now switch the order of these pairs to get your actual Card ID: 7R563412
    valiman likes this.

Thanks

Odd... I see this method described all over the internet, but it doesn't work for any of the Windows versions I have tried. (I am fairly computer literate.) What OS has this technique worked on? This is only of adademic interest as there are quicker ways to get the SD card ID, mentioned above.

By the way, the 8 character value is likely to be a hexadecimal number, which would of course convert into a 10-digit decimal number.

Thanks

I found the SD IDs on my on my nuvis (1450LMT and 265T). Press and hold the battery icon in the upper right corner for about 10 seconds until the diagnostic screen comes up. Press "Next" until you come to the "Data Card Test Page" (two presses on my nuvis). You will find the 10 digit serial on this page.

crabber is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Is there a list of which Garmin units will read the SD card number? especially the newer models. I have an edge 800 which doesnt seem to give the card number from the service menu. My PDA running Garmin XT does give the number but it will only work with cards up to 2Gb.

Tiger is offline Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crabber View Post
    Is there a list of which Garmin units will read the SD card number? especially the newer models. I have an edge 800 which doesnt seem to give the card number from the service menu. My PDA running Garmin XT does give the number but it will only work with cards up to 2Gb.
    Any Nuvi I've seen will do it (and the numbers are not always 10 digits)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast