Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: How to install and create a map with Original Mapsource Locked

Thanks

Re: How to install and create a map with Original Mapsource Locked

Hi,
    Just followed the tuto without any problem or error message(Nuvi2460 + new blank SD card) .
    When I turn on my GPS nit (with the main card on the buit-in flash [original EU]) and the new card on the SD card [US 2013.30]), I have the message "Impossible d'authentifier les cartes"~"Impossible to authenticate the maps". Then, the unit shows only the EU map.
    Do you please have any idea?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

alsaber is offline Private
    Thanks

Excellent Work Man..

Many thanks

ap1
    Thanks

Hi,

I've read some tutorials and I've tried the Advanced Search, but I've not found what I'm looking for.

I've bought a Garmin Edge 800, and downloaded various City Navigator maps from torrent sites, including patches, mapinstall software etc., however all appears to be geared towards Windows users.

I have bought some MicroSD cards (with SD adaptors) and would like to be able to put maps onto the MicroSDs so that depending on which continent I find myself cycling, I can just pop the relevant MicroSD into my Edge 800 and benefit from the turn by turn navigation etc.

I'm sure that I'm not the first to ask this, so can someone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks for your time.

ap1
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
    Hi,

I've read some tutorials and I've tried the Advanced Search, but I've not found what I'm looking for.

I've bought a Garmin Edge 800, and downloaded various City Navigator maps from torrent sites, including patches, mapinstall software etc., however all appears to be geared towards Windows users.

I have bought some MicroSD cards (with SD adaptors) and would like to be able to put maps onto the MicroSDs so that depending on which continent I find myself cycling, I can just pop the relevant MicroSD into my Edge 800 and benefit from the turn by turn navigation etc.

I'm sure that I'm not the first to ask this, so can someone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks for your time.
    Sorry, I wasn't clear - I'm a Mac user, and was wondering whether getting the maps in a useable format onto a MicroSD card was possible using a Mac?

Thanks

ap1
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for your time.
    Sorry, I wasn't clear - I'm a Mac user, and was wondering whether getting the maps in a useable format onto a MicroSD card was possible using a Mac?

Thanks

Thanks

I can´t create a map img file, or transfer to SD card. I have still problem with creation of registration files. Mistake - Windows 145 error. I will give some more information, in afternoon.

PrvSAT is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Very nice tutorial. I am a step by step guy follower but I have a problem with the machine ID.
    I have integrated in my truck a gps/media unit (Erisin ES1158V 8 HD In Car DVD System Internet VW SKODA SEAT [ES1158V] - US$247.00 : erisin.com)
    and this is my ID unit (see attached) but when I use it in jetmouse it says "invalid or incomplete ID".
    I figured that somehow it is missing a digit, so if I enter any numbers only from 1 to 9 the jetmouse generates the code. But obviously my code is without number in front, only "MSCGM2805".
    How to install and create a map with Original Mapsource Locked-cam00483.jpg

Could anyone please advise with this problem?

klaus666 is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Hi!

You know that this topic is about Garmin units?

Is your GPS from Garmin?

Thanks

Did you try to unlock the map (gmapsupp.img file) with gimgunlock.exe?
    Check here: [URL="http://gpsunderground.com/forum/garmin-open-tools-tweaks/18879-garmin-image-unlock-gimgunlock-v-0-03-a.html"]

PrvSAT is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klaus666 View Post
    Hi!

You know that this topic is about Garmin units?

Is your GPS from Garmin?
    Thank you for attention klaus. I thought that this topic is for Garmin systems not units. I have a WinCE6 system that I should be able to run any GPS sys based on this OS, am I right?

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast