Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: How to install and create a map with Original Mapsource Locked

Kor@l is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,907 Times in 440 Posts

Re: How to install and create a map with Original Mapsource Locked

I dont know wat's wrong you must se the map in mapsource and select it, never have this problem with a lot of installation

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kor@l View Post
    I dont know wat's wrong you must se the map in mapsource and select it, never have this problem with a lot of installation
    I'm having the same problem. I can see the map preview on the right panel, BUT I can't select it to send to my device.

Thanks

I am having a problem of Mapsource locking up (on two other computers) after installing CNNANT 2012.10.

I have a NuMap Lifetime update for my Nuvi. It took the update with no problems. I told it to install on both my computer and my Nuvi. After the installation was complete and working, I replaced Mapsource.exe with patched version 6.15.11 Mapsource.exe. Everything works fine, and was able to unlock & install on my 60CSx.

Problems started when I tried to replace 2011.4 with 2012.10 on my laptop and other tower computer. 2011.4 was already working perfectly on both other computers. All computers are running Windows XP Pro edition. I copied all of the files from the 2012.1 installation (gmap folder, etc.) to a dvd.

On both other computers, I ran the .msi file from the dvd, and it said that 2012.10 was installed successfully. I replaced Mapsource.exe with the same patched version 6.15.11. I also copied the gma and unl files to the new computers. When I start Mapsource, it comes up fine, and CNNA 2012.1 is fully available, unlocked and ready. I can zoom in or out, move all over the maps with no problems. I can load a waypoint file and see all of the waypoints on the 2012 map ok.

Everything is fine until I try to select ANY map segment. Mapsource instantly opens an error box saying, "There is a problem with this Garmin application." It wants me to click on a button to copy to the clipboard, and send to Garmin. I cannot click on anything. Mouse still works, and the only way to get out is to use Windows Task Manager and End Task. This happened on both other computers, but the exact same version of Mapsource is still working perfectly on the computer which took the origional download from Garmin. On both other computers, I tried going back to the Mapsource that was installed with the 2012 update, but I get the same error.

Has anyone else tried to install 2012.1 on another computer and run into this problem? Perhaps a registry entry was made on the computer during the Garmin download that is not being included in the install on another computer? Perhaps I should try downloading the 2012.1 update to the new computer, installing only on the computer?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Harold
    Last edited by Harold2689; 27th May 2011 at 13:52.

Sebo_ is offline First Sergeant
    Thanks

hi

about 4 step.
    I have no maps in Unlock Regions tab?

how to do that
    ????
    Seb

Thanks

@ Harold2689
    It look like a software problem, maybe you have to use the Mapsource.EXE V6.16.3 not the 6.15.11.

Sebo_
    Don't warry, even if you dont see the map listed you have to Add it with the generated unlock code, the map will be present than in the list.

Sebo_ is offline First Sergeant
    Thanks

thx Kor@l. it`s working

Second issue :
    When I choose my set of maps, want to save on sd card, waiting around 20mins and get an error.
    what`s wrong ?

Solved : just make .img to HDD
    Last edited by Sebo_; 29th May 2011 at 17:15.

Thanks

Maybe is a error with SD card, my opinion is to send the new created map in C: you will find the gmapsupp.img file in mapsource files folder, this way it will create the map faster, then you can copy the map in Garmin folder in SD

asprin624 is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Kor@l info is correct.
    It will work every time.
    Can you see the Map in "Map Product Manager" ?
    If you see it there it can be unlocked.

I have versions 2011.2,2011.3,2011.4 and 2012.1 installed and I can see all of them.
    I even moved all my maps to a second drive to free up C: drive
    Then so I can use the maps again I went into regedit and changed the drive letter of each map.
    Turned on Mapsource and look at "Map Product Manager" again, and saw the the drive remapping was there.
    All my maps work from Drive E: now with no problems at all.

Later
    Asprin624

ciprianmp is offline Private
    Thanks

Unhappy Re: How to install and create a map with Original Mapsource Locked

Quote Originally Posted by Harold2689 View Post
    I am having a problem of Mapsource locking up (on two other computers) after installing CNNANT 2012.10.

I have a NuMap Lifetime update for my Nuvi. It took the update with no problems. I told it to install on both my computer and my Nuvi. After the installation was complete and working, I replaced Mapsource.exe with patched version 6.15.11 Mapsource.exe. Everything works fine, and was able to unlock & install on my 60CSx.

Problems started when I tried to replace 2011.4 with 2012.10 on my laptop and other tower computer. 2011.4 was already working perfectly on both other computers. All computers are running Windows XP Pro edition. I copied all of the files from the 2012.1 installation (gmap folder, etc.) to a dvd.

On both other computers, I ran the .msi file from the dvd, and it said that 2012.10 was installed successfully. I replaced Mapsource.exe with the same patched version 6.15.11. I also copied the gma and unl files to the new computers. When I start Mapsource, it comes up fine, and CNNA 2012.1 is fully available, unlocked and ready. I can zoom in or out, move all over the maps with no problems. I can load a waypoint file and see all of the waypoints on the 2012 map ok.

Everything is fine until I try to select ANY map segment. Mapsource instantly opens an error box saying, "There is a problem with this Garmin application." It wants me to click on a button to copy to the clipboard, and send to Garmin. I cannot click on anything. Mouse still works, and the only way to get out is to use Windows Task Manager and End Task. This happened on both other computers, but the exact same version of Mapsource is still working perfectly on the computer which took the origional download from Garmin. On both other computers, I tried going back to the Mapsource that was installed with the 2012 update, but I get the same error.

Has anyone else tried to install 2012.1 on another computer and run into this problem? Perhaps a registry entry was made on the computer during the Garmin download that is not being included in the install on another computer? Perhaps I should try downloading the 2012.1 update to the new computer, installing only on the computer?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Harold
    I get the same erroneous message as Harold does: "There is a problem with this Garmin application." I was trying 2011.40, I unlocked it just fine but cannot send it to any partition nor to the SD. I see the MapInstall.exe from the same folder as MapSource is not cracked and it says the map is locked (unauthenticated). Could this be a reason?
    Please assist me coz I need the GPS in 3 days and right now nothing is working...

ciprianmp is offline Private
    Thanks

I succedeed by selecting less locations/countries. I guess it's related to the available RAM size, as the HDD partition has plenty of space (>500Gb).
    Note: It was not a particular map that caused the error. I also installed the hacked MapInstall.exe.

Another question:
    My Garmin nuvi 200w is loading the boot logo, then the Loading maps and stucks at the "Loading POIs". If I remove the SD where the new gmapsupp.img is located, everything works fine. I tried by removing the POI folder completely, but it still says "Loading POIs".
    Did anyone encounter this strange behavior? And what would be the cause/solution?
    Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by ciprianmp; 6th June 2011 at 15:01. Reason: additional explanation

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast