GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shagydragon

Thread: multiple vioces

Thanks

Question multiple vioces

i HAVE A GARMIN 1300 AND WOULD LIKE TO INSTALL MULTIPLE CUSTOM VOICES ON IT ANY IDEA ON HOW I COULD DO THAT
    soudo likes this.

raycomp is offline Private
    Thanks

Re: multiple vioces

Did any found a way yet to change the internal name for a personalized non TTS voice so that if you load it to a Nuvi non TTS device that it will appear under its own unique name. I have developed a few voices that the family likes but every time my wife or daughter uses the GPS and wants their choice voice I need to change it from Wife.vmp to English_American_.vpm and replace the one in the Nuvi and later change back again. Frustrating.

I have found a couple of free voices that if you load it to the devise as is it DOES appear under its own unique name without having to rename to English_American_.vpm first. So their must be away to do it but I just cant find it.

Some very clever person surely figured it out by now?

casaufficio is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Hi, forum...my first post

@raycomp

You should use Garmin Voice Studio
    This application gives you the opportunity to nominee every file with different names, for example: myname1.vpm....myname2.vpm...etc...

Ciaociao

zambiee99 is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Does somebody have a romanian voice for Garmin (vpm, and sum files needed). Thanks

*I found it. No longer needed.
    Last edited by zambiee99; 24th August 2011 at 14:15.

Thanks

i am wanting to install more than one voice like cartman or stewie at the same time

turboccc is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Cartman and Stewie are the old non-TTS voices. They have both the language ID for English American. If you have English_American__.VPM and any of those 2 voices, this is not going to work. You can only keep one voice per language ID. If you want to keep more than one, you have to change the language ID of one of the voice and put the one from another language.

The language ID is located at address 0x12 hex (or address 18 in decimal).

Why not use an HEX editor and change the language ID to 0x0E which is the language ID for British_English__.VPM. Yes, you have to remove English_British.vpm as well from the GPS.

There are plenty of other language ID you can use. Just edit another non-TTS voice and check the language ID byte of that other language at address 0x12.

7. 7th November 2011, 03:09