Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aspects of FW Updates on DVD writers

lucids is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Problem making a good copy of a RNS-E dvd

Quote Originally Posted by Nerukas View Post
    Hello to all.
    Do not know if anyone is interested in making a working copy of Australian maps?
    Have the working DVD, but no luck in making a working copy of it.
    I have no problems with European maps burning with Pioneer burner and on quality media.
    But with Australian maps there has to be something different. Lots of nonworking copies only

The Australian maps are on DVD+R, not dual layer as European.
    Maybe someone has some experience in with this?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts
    The Australian maps are on a single layer dvd. Now remember the booktype must be set as DVD ROM. Your Pioneer burner DVR-111D will set the booktype to ROM automatically for +RDL discs but not necessarily for +R single layer discs. As far as i am aware for that to happen you must flash the dangerous brothers firmware to the drive as opposed to the stock firmware. Here's the link:
    DVR111D firmware
    I was reading about this on forum.rpc1.org, (link), you may have to try their 1.29 firmware or if that doesn't work the 8.29 INT (Buffalo-Internal).
    ;-)

Nerukas is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Aspects of FW Updates on DVD writers

Quote Originally Posted by lucids View Post
    The Australian maps are on a single layer dvd. Now remember the booktype must be set as DVD ROM. Your Pioneer burner DVR-111D will set the booktype to ROM automatically for +RDL discs but not necessarily for +R single layer discs. As far as i am aware for that to happen you must flash the dangerous brothers firmware to the drive as opposed to the stock firmware. Here's the link:
    DVR111D firmware
    I was reading about this on forum.rpc1.org, (link), you may have to try their 1.29 firmware or if that doesn't work the 8.29 INT (Buffalo-Internal).
    ;-)
    Hi there,
    thanks for answering to my question/problem. Maybe it will help people from Australia and New Zealand too
    Now regarding the firmware.. As far as i remember (hard to remember everything what happened long time ago)i have flashed the firmware of this drive long time ago to the latest at that moment dangerous brothers firmware 1.29.
    It is also shown on Imgburn screen.
    here is the information on drive pasted from Imgburn:
    PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D 1.29 (ATA)

Do not know if it is worth installing even later Buffalo firmware?

One thing i do not know though - is how to check or set the booktype???
    Imgburn does not give pioneer option, Clone CD does not have this option at all...
    didnt find that few year ago when was searching for this information. Only found out that the booktype is set automatically. And with Dual layer dvds and european maps i did not have a problem. But with single layer australian dvd i do. And i know it is a single layer, believe me

Will be waiting for your thoughts

Slons is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

lucids already has told you - take s/w from Dangerous Brothers. Here is the link The Dangerous Brothers Present....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slons View Post
    lucids already has told you - take s/w from Dangerous Brothers. Here is the link The Dangerous Brothers Present....
    didnt you read what i wrote?
    I have flashed the unit with 1.29 firmware!

Or which firmware do you have in mind?

Thanks

I advice you to reflash your PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D to PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111L - I have the same burner and have made the same reflashing. And it is the best for almost all navigation discs. It automatically set book-type to DVD-ROM for both DVD+R and DVD+R DL (others - for DVD+R DL only).
    Last edited by Slons; 17th November 2011 at 21:07.

Thanks

I advice you to reflash your PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D to PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111L - I have the same burner and have made the same reflashing. And it is the best for almost all navigation discs. It automatically set book-type to DVD-ROM for both DVD+R and DVD+R DL (others - for DVD+R DL only).
    Ok, will try, only which firmware from the whole list will do that?

PIONEER DVR-111D
    Currently RPC1 firmwares based on AB04 (Apple) Runs in Windows XP!, AB09 (Apple) Runs in Windows XP!, 1.06 *, 1.19, 8.19 INT (Buffalo-Internal) *, 8.19 EXT (Buffalo-External) *, 1.23, 8.25 INT (Buffalo-Internal), 8.25 EXT (Buffalo-External), 1.29, 8.29 INT (Buffalo-Internal), and 8.29 EXT (Buffalo-External).
    * TDB Flasher w/Kernel

PIONEER DVR-111L
    Currently RPC1 firmwares based on 8.19 INT (Buffalo-Internal) *, 8.19 EXT (Buffalo-External) *, 8.26 INT (Buffalo-Internal), 8.26 EXT (Buffalo-External), 8.29 INT (Buffalo-Internal), and 8.29 EXT (Buffalo-External).
    * TDB Flasher w/Kernel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nerukas View Post
    Ok, will try, only which firmware from the whole list will do that?

PIONEER DVR-111D
    Currently RPC1 firmwares based on AB04 (Apple) Runs in Windows XP!, AB09 (Apple) Runs in Windows XP!, 1.06 *, 1.19, 8.19 INT (Buffalo-Internal) *, 8.19 EXT (Buffalo-External) *, 1.23, 8.25 INT (Buffalo-Internal), 8.25 EXT (Buffalo-External), 1.29, 8.29 INT (Buffalo-Internal), and 8.29 EXT (Buffalo-External).
    * TDB Flasher w/Kernel

PIONEER DVR-111L
    Currently RPC1 firmwares based on 8.19 INT (Buffalo-Internal) *, 8.19 EXT (Buffalo-External) *, 8.26 INT (Buffalo-Internal), 8.26 EXT (Buffalo-External), 8.29 INT (Buffalo-Internal), and 8.29 EXT (Buffalo-External).
    * TDB Flasher w/Kernel
    Mine is 8.29, the latest one.

Thanks

Ok, here is some info:
    downloaded all firmwares starting from 1.29 that my drive is already flashed with.
    And others, 8,19 INT and EXT, 8,26 INT and EXT, 8,29 INT and EXT.
    All of them get the same error - Available target is not found.
    And only 8.19 INT and EXT and the same 1.29 find the drive and can flash it.
    But there is no point reflasing it to the same 1.29 or to 8.19 Buffalo, or is it?

Thanks

Mine is 8.29, the latest one.
    The target is not found, that what i get when i try to install the software.
    I do it straigh in windows, maybe i am doing something wrong?

Thanks

Follow the steps:

1. Download 111L_829.ZIP file
    2. Extract it to a folder - you will get 2 files - R11FOIN.EXE and A0412541.829
    3. Run file R11FOIN.EXE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast