Thread: GPS antenna discussion

fiestaboyke is offline Private
    Thanks

GPS antenna discussion

Ok, i unzip'd the rar file and than maked a image of the file's. Then i've burned the image to a verbatim DL dvd. I insert my disk in my D3, starting updating ..... Complete update, but then if i go to the nav screen, a lot of icons are missing and i can't chose to navigate to a adres .... only my favorites and history is clickable .... What went wrong?

Thanks

Re: Pioneer AVIC CNDV-100MT Europe 2010 3DVDs

please,who do you instal de gps antena in your car?
    i have a opel vectra C,1.9cdti from 2004,and i have a avic d3 in this car,but the gps dont work very well.
    it seem that de sensibility of the gps not work very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by fiestaboyke View Post
    Ok, i unzip'd the rar file and than maked a image of the file's. Then i've burned the image to a verbatim DL dvd. I insert my disk in my D3, starting updating ..... Complete update, but then if i go to the nav screen, a lot of icons are missing and i can't chose to navigate to a adres .... only my favorites and history is clickable .... What went wrong?

danngrigore is offline Private
    Thanks

Doesn't matter what car you have. it's matter the way and position you place the antenna. Must be visible by as many gps satellites as it possible. That mean it must be placed outside the car. It has a very strong magnet for that.

gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,606 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danngrigore View Post
    Doesn't matter what car you have. it's matter the way and position you place the antenna. Must be visible by as many gps satellites as it possible. That mean it must be placed outside the car. It has a very strong magnet for that.
    Please do not issue nonsense comments
    Any proper GPS antenne placed under the plastic dashboard will give you ample resception of satellites
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded

danngrigore is offline Private
    Thanks

What do you mean by "proper antenna" ? Under (!?) dashboard? Where did you see a GPS antenna placed under plastic dashboard? Please, if you cannot be useful, don't bother me with "nonsense comments"

Thanks

in my car I do not manage to do so that the gps works with the green identificadores that represent the sensibility of the gps.
    since the sensibility is very weak the gps does not work correctamente.de time in when it loses the satellites all.
    and the antennas of gps what the radios bring normally healthy in the interior of the ca

Thanks

What do you mean by "proper antenna" ? Under (!?) dashboard? Where did you see a GPS antenna placed under plastic dashboard? Please, if you cannot be useful, don't bother me with "nonsense comments"
    If you buy an after market unit you will only get an antenna that must be placed inside the car smarty!
    And if you read the Pioneer instruction manual prperly you will see that the advice is to place the GPS antenna just there under the dashboard. That is the reason that you are telling nonsense
    Last edited by gazo; 30th August 2010 at 07:50.

tomygurke is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

other problem would be the front window , many cars have sun filter in the windows a thin metallic film. if you have this kind of front window then ask your car dealer where the GPS hole is places , because the windows have a special field wher eis no metalic film inside the glas , ist was for placing there the gps antenna inside the car.

Thanks

Every windshield has an area where radio waves can pass. Normally this so called electronic toll window is situated just in front of the rear view mirror and is indicated by black speckles on the boundaries.