Thread: Ripping Navigation CD's and DVD's

ompie is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Ripping Navigation CD's and DVD's

Maybe it is an good idea to put in this thread the different way of ripping navigation cd's en dvd's, so we can help each other to rip and share.

mrmef is offline Private
    Thanks

Re: Ripping Navigation CD's and DVD's

gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,591 Times in 178 Posts

The given instructions simplify the procedure and ignore the fact that it is alway preferrable to at least also include to make a CUE file
    The writer also claims that when writing a dis just setting the Book type solves all problems
    That is not only naive but plainly incorrect since othe mechanisms apply to the making of a navigation DVD.
    Some cannot be copied and others will never work because of other issues in software or hardware
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded

Thanks

i dont mean to Jack your Thread...I too was trying to burn a Navigation ISO onto a DL Dvd+R and when it was all done...it said disc error...In the Book Option..It dont show my Burner Type..I have a Toshiba Satellite L505 and it has the Pioneer Dvd - RW DVRTD09A....in the book option that burner was not shown...is there something else that i can do to make this Happen...Got a Hummer H2 and cant find the Navigation Disc for it...

gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,591 Times in 178 Posts

Basically there are only very few laptop drives that would burn a proper DVD to start with
    If it is a Pioneer, the Book Type cannot be set since the regular firmware just does not allow it and most programs do not even list a Pioneer for bitsetting.
    Some desktop drives can be modded with hached firmware to accept bitsetting and a number of drives that do not allow manual setting will do so by default.

You only know the result after completion of rhew writng process.
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded