Basic Posting Rules
1. What to do before making a Thread?
- A new user can start an new thread only if he makes 10 posts (New Point)
- First use the search option, to make sure, that the post still doesn't exist. If you can't find it, use the advanced search option, just to be sure! Double posts are instantly deleted, and their posters charged with infraction points, eventually banned!
- Find the right zone! Please don't post for example your Garmin software in the TomTom
- Find the right section! Don't post for example Voice Data in the "POI's" section.
- Post your requests, questions only in the General Discussion" zones! Again, please chose the proper zone, don't post for example questions relating to a Car Navigation in the TomTom
2.How to post?
- If you are sure, that you are not going to double post, that you are in the right section of the right zone, you may press the "New Thread" button.
- The title of the thread should contain relevant information about your thread's content.If it's a software you have to write there it's title (name), and it's version.
- In the main field you have to enter a brief description of the software, you must insert some screen-shots and obviously the download link.
- Description and screen-shots are a must!
- The downloads can be uploaded to the GPS Underground server via the "Manage Attachment" button, or can be uploaded to a file hosting page.
- If you insert a link to a download from a file hosting page, it must be coded! Use any of these buttons to code your links: http://www.gpsunderground.com/forum/...ditor/code.gifhttp://www.gpsunderground.com/forum/...ditor/html.gifAttachment 3
- You also have to code links to any other external pages, like for example pages that allow you to download without registration, homepages of a software developer etc.
(Note, that links that point inside of GPS Underground shouldn't be coded!)
- Insert relevant keywords to the "Tags" field! That will help other users to find what you had posted!
3. What should not contain a post?
- Abusive, racist, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Ethnic and religious flaming/insults are certainly not allowed here.
- Erotic and pornographic content.
- Posts in native language!Global language of the forum is English, Avoid using your native language in this forum.
- Your phone numbers
- Direct links to external downloads
- Referral links
- Any kind of links that point to other forum sites (Advertising = BAN)
(Note, that you may post coded links to downloads to other sites (but NOT forums!), IF that site doesn't require registration for downloading those files!)
- Spam ( Including saying thanks!)
- Requests for reputation or thanks (Those can be included only in signatures!)
- If the post contains any of these, it will immediately be deleted, and the user who made the post charged with infraction points, and probably banned!Read more here:
4. What to do after posting?
- From time to time you should visit your posts, to answer the questions that other members addressed to you about the software you posted.
- Keep an eye on the others, and use the Attachment 5 (report button) if you see posts that do not correspond to the conditions listed here.
- Use the (Thanks) button and the Attachment 4 -reputation system!
- Enjoy the downloads and the community of GPS Underground
- After a new post you have to report, what new content you have posted. read rule first.