GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Via Michelin Sat Nav

Thanks

Via Michelin Sat Nav

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this... I am new here, and couldnt find a welcome to new members section, So 1st I would like to say hello...

2nd I wuould like to ask, I can see most sat navs have there own sections, I have a family member with the above Sat Nav (Via Michelin) and looking for new maps. The company who use to make them, dont do them anymore so before they go out and buy a new unit I though I would ask on here about the unit, and if anyone knows if new maps can be downloaded for the unit?

Any feedback anyone can give would be great...

Many thanks for your time in reading this.

TIA
    IKWeb

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IKWeb For This Useful Post:

jumperger is offline Private
    Thanks

Re: Via Michelin Sat Nav

ViaMichelin does not sell anny new maps.
    Latest maps are from 2007 I believe.

If you want to have actual maps, you have to unbrick your device(WinCE) and you may run TomTom in an old WinCE-version or better run Igo8 on it.
    For this :
    Get a new SD-Card (non SDHC) 2GB
    copy the Igo8 folder on the SD
    create a new folder in the SD-root named InstallSD
    copy - paste all the files (not the folders) from the Igo8 folder to InstallSD folder
    rename the Igo8.exe in the InstallSD-folder to InstallSD.exe
    Put the new SD in the device and make a Hard-Reset
    And you will have Igo8 running, on my X980T there is no problem but you will not have tmc and bluetooth on your device anymore.

Thanks

bonjour mes excuse mais je ne parle pas anglais d'ailleurs j utilise google traduction pour le site mais pour repondre à ikweb j'ai aussi un viamechelin 980 t,j'ai installer sygic 8.06 pour l'installation voire l'installation de igo8 meme façon de faire voilà

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jumperger View Post
    ViaMichelin does not sell anny new maps.
    Latest maps are from 2007 I believe.

If you want to have actual maps, you have to unbrick your device(WinCE) and you may run TomTom in an old WinCE-version or better run Igo8 on it.
    For this :
    Get a new SD-Card (non SDHC) 2GB
    copy the Igo8 folder on the SD
    create a new folder in the SD-root named InstallSD
    copy - paste all the files (not the folders) from the Igo8 folder to InstallSD folder
    rename the Igo8.exe in the InstallSD-folder to InstallSD.exe
    Put the new SD in the device and make a Hard-Reset
    And you will have Igo8 running, on my X980T there is no problem but you will not have tmc and bluetooth on your device anymore.
    I have loaded the IGO8 files to a SD card in InstallSD but didnt see IGO8.exe is that a separate file ?

Thanks

I have tried the above but when i try to hard reset the screen just goes blank and the power light flashes red to green , then when i release the pin in the reset hole it just comes back to Via.Is there any way to format the unit or do you know any other maps in fdp format
    Thanks

Thanks

By the way when I downloaded the Igo 8 there was no igo8 .exe but there were igo8 started & igo8PCstarter

Thanks

I've got a ViaMichelin Navigation X-970T New Edition and it uses Windows CE.net 5.0. Can I put Garmin on this gps? How can I do that?

anno1777 is offline Banned
    Thanks

http://www.anno1777.com/index.php?i=58642 -> ANNO1777 is an online game that simulates an economic political and military system, like the real world. You are a citizen of the seventeenth century who fights on all levels to advance the social hierarchy. You can open businesses, become governor or you can build a military empire. Everything is up to you. Unlike other games of this type, the virtual money from ANNO1777 can be exchanged for real money and vice versa. In other words, a financial success in the virtual world of the game becomes a financial success in the real world.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to anno1777 For This Useful Post:

LinkBacks (?)