GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TTS_LOQ engine folder for TTS and now Primo

chas521 is offline Banned
    Thanks

TTS_LOQ engine folder for Primo

Here's what I did and it works fine. I downloaded my modified TTS_LOQ folder and extracted it to Primo in addition to the tts folder already there. Then I put the iGO8 modified louder voices from content\voice in addition [not overwriting] to those voices already in the Primo folder. Now I have a number of TTS voices.

TTS folder: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YD3C32YC#
    Mirror: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0e5b38/n/tts_loq.rar

Voices only: http://www.mediafire.com/?qmuj5njogqo
    Last edited by chas521; 29th May 2010 at 21:54. Reason: Shorten title

phatashki is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: TTS_LOQ engine folder for Primo

Quote Originally Posted by chas521 View Post
    Here's what I did and it works fine. I downloaded my modified TTS_LOQ folder and extracted it to Primo in addition to the tts folder already there. Then I put the iGO8 modified louder voices from content\voice in addition [not overwriting] to those voices already in the Primo folder. Now I have a number of TTS voices.

TTS folder: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YD3C32YC#
    Mirror: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0e5b38/n/tts_loq.rar

Voices only: http://www.mediafire.com/?qmuj5njogqo
    Hi mate, I have no TTS folder in my primo, I downloaded TTS_LOQ folder/file and placed it in my root directory for primo, Also downloaded your voices and installed those in the content/voices.

When I select the voices the system just hangs there, I waited 5 mins and then reset it and tried other voices. No tts works fine but as soon as i click a TTS voice it hangs. I also have the tts in sys.txt set up.

Does your folder need to be in a content folder or in the root as I am doing ?

Cheers for any help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phatashki View Post
    Hi mate, I have no TTS folder in my primo, I downloaded TTS_LOQ folder/file and placed it in my root directory for primo, Also downloaded your voices and installed those in the content/voices.

When I select the voices the system just hangs there, I waited 5 mins and then reset it and tried other voices. No tts works fine but as soon as i click a TTS voice it hangs. I also have the tts in sys.txt set up.

Does your folder need to be in a content folder or in the root as I am doing ?

Cheers for any help
    You must include the .dlls for WinCE5 also in the root of the primo folder, not content folder- for both.

Last edited by chas521; 16th June 2010 at 20:18.

Thanks

You must include the .dlls for WinCE5 also in the root of the primo folder, not content folder- for both.

Hi mate, I have those to, I think it was from you aswell

I have loqTTS6.dll, loqTTS6_util.dll, loqenglish6.9.dll, loqmsx.dll in the root, along with the tts_loq zip folder.

Cheers

Thanks

Hi mate, I have those to, I think it was from you aswell

I have loqTTS6.dll, loqTTS6_util.dll, loqenglish6.9.dll, loqmsx.dll in the root, along with the tts_loq zip folder.

Cheers
    If you have the .dlls and the TTS_LOQ folder in the root of Primo plus you put my voices in content\voice, then you should have everything you need for TTS. Don't forget to delete the "save" folder as well.

Thanks

Ahhh I havent tried deleteing the save folder, ,will give that ago thanks.

Thanks

Re: TTS_LOQ engine folder for TTS and now Primo

Still no go mate, Seems weird. I deleted the save folder and the loading screen gets to about 10% then freezes, if i reinstall the save folder all works ok except the tts, I even tried to reset to factory settings, which would assume also delete the save folder witin the unit and it still hangs at about 10%.

Is it loading the tts files like the fist time it loads the speed camera files and take a while?

Might not work with my double din head unit.

Thanks

Still no go mate, Seems weird. I deleted the save folder and the loading screen gets to about 10% then freezes, if i reinstall the save folder all works ok except the tts, I even tried to reset to factory settings, which would assume also delete the save folder witin the unit and it still hangs at about 10%.

Is it loading the tts files like the fist time it loads the speed camera files and take a while?

Might not work with my double din head unit.
    No. It should work with all devices. It's very possible that you have too much content trying to load when it first starts up. You can delete the .dem files, you might have too big a speedcam file trying to load [make it smaller or, better yet, just delete the whole thing], you might have too many maps trying to load, you can delete the buildings, etc.

As for it stopping at 10%, that's usually a sign of a conflict with another NNG navigation program. Is Primo on its own SD card with its own content?

Thanks

No. It should work with all devices. It's very possible that you have too much content trying to load when it first starts up. You can delete the .dem files, you might have too big a speedcam file trying to load [make it smaller or, better yet, just delete the whole thing], you might have too many maps trying to load, you can delete the buildings, etc.

As for it stopping at 10%, that's usually a sign of a conflict with another NNG navigation program. Is Primo on its own SD card with its own content?
    Hi, Yes its on its own SD all in the root of the SD, I stripped it all back to the basic's. I already had only 1 map, 1 language, but also deleted, poi, cameras, some the voices. Everything basically including tts but the maps and voices. Deleted the save folder and started it up, Runs through the wizard and loads up

Add the TTS files to the root, delete the save folder and load again, hangs at about 10%, Seems my unit doesnt have the memory to run the larger folders as I also had the same thing with all the language folders in.

wasnt there a fix for the TTS with a smaller folder for those with memory problems, but the links are dead. If i reinstall the save folder again it starts up as normal. Seems my unit doesnt have the memory to create the first save folder.

Wonder if i could get hold of a save folder running uk map and english language.

I've left it now trying to run in the car, while I have some breakfast see if it just needs a few minutes. I remember on my original igo8 the speedcam creating from the .txt file took a couple of mins the first time it done it.
    Last edited by phatashki; 17th June 2010 at 08:54.

yeracs is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

phataski, have a look here mate..

edit..sorry mate i see what you mean re the links are dead....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast