GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how to install igo8 on magellan 3100

Thanks

how to install igo8 on magellan 3100

Hello guys!
    I searched and searched and nothing, how can i install igo8 on magellan maestro 3100?
    I have installed XOverCE on it but it doesn't run properly, it freezes and it gives me error messages like "Syntax error" or "The file not found, please make sure the path si right" and nothing works.
    Can you help me solve the problem, please?
    Thank you.

PS: Sorry for my english, i'm from Romania.

gpswill is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: how to install igo8 on magellan 3100

Yes, you can, but first you have to properly unlock the device, I think it was ipmart that had a howto/instructions.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gpswill For This Useful Post:

canscot05 is offline Corporal
    Thanks

I am running IGO8 on Magellan 1412 roadmate, using Softbutton.
    Basically load softbutton exe and ini onto Magellan throught PC connection,
    rename Navigator.exe to something else like Mag_Navigator.exe.
    Rename Softbutton.exe to Navigator.exe.
    Disconnect GPs from PC.
    Restart GPS, will show Magellan start screen then black screen with small blue button, click on blue button.
    Hit Run then with IGO8 on SD card choice option \sdmmc\igo8\igo8.exe, RUN, and IGO8 will start.
    If you edit Softbutton.ini, IGO8 can be made to start without having to manually do it everytime.
    You will still see Magellan splash screen, but IGO8 will start everytime.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canscot05 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i followed your instruction. but I'm getting a error creating process. How do i get it running?

Thanks

noob56, how far did you get?
    Download softbutton.exe and softbutton.ini to your PC, connect Magellan to PC with USB cable.
    Navigate on your Magellan to HDD\Apps, you will see file Navigator.exe, this is the file to start Magellan GPS program running. Rename this file, then copy Softbutton.exe and softbutton.ini to Magellan HDD\apps, then rename softbutton.exe to Navigator.exe. On your PC disconnect the Magellan using the disconnect USB icon, when safe unplug USB cable. When the Magellan reboot you will see normal Magellan start screens, then black screen with small blue button in the corner, when you tap on button it will open another screen from there you can run programs, i.e. IGO8 from your SD card.
    Get softbutton on your Magellan then let me know what happens. You can still run the original Magellan program at this time by selecting Run from the softbutton menu, and selecting the renamed Magellan .exe .

Thanks

I also have a Magellan 3100. I have it unlocked with Softbutton. Now, what version of IGO do I use? Also, I want to be able to have TTS.

Thanks for your help!!

Thanks

Almost any of the PNA versions of IGO8 should work, and with the correct voices you will get TTS, I am using American English Susan, and have no problems.
    I will post which version I am using later when I get home from work. I also added Dimka skin, but like most started with small steps, get IGO8 to work then ensure TTS works, then add skin of choice, change the scheme, custom POI's , etc, etc.
    I find the graphics on IGO to be the best over TomTom, Garmin, Magellan, Destinator, etc, I also like the automatic change from 3D to 2D when at a distance from turn, Lane assist, 3D buildings, and the fact you can configure so many things.

Later..

Thanks

OK on checking I am using version 11740 Aug 2009, I had been using an earlier version from Apr 2009, but I can not say that I see any difference between the two. So any of these versions will work, just need the correct data.zip info for screen size and your good to go.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by canscot05 View Post
    OK on checking I am using version 11740 Aug 2009, I had been using an earlier version from Apr 2009, but I can not say that I see any difference between the two. So any of these versions will work, just need the correct data.zip info for screen size and your good to go.
    Can you please upload your IGO8 sd card contents minus map and poi?

Thanks

Thanks

Rumrat,
    PM sent, file address was wrong, try the location I have sent.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast