Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: IGO Primo 2 and Magellan Roadmate 3055

gpa
    Thanks

IGO Primo 2 and Magellan Roadmate 3055

I am trying to find a link on how to run Primo 2 off the sd card on my Magellan 3055.
    renas likes this.

alef is offline Private
    Thanks

Re: IGO Primo 2 and Magellan Roadmate 3055

I managed to run primo with following configuration.

1. rename softbutton.exe to iBoot.exe
    2. put iBoot.exe in root of SD card
    3. Alternative: If you wish to have autostart on Primo from softbutton, edit softbutton.ini with location of primo.
    4. edit sys.txt so it will suit your preference. Essentially it has to have following:

[gps]
    port=2
    baud_rate=57600
    read_total_timeout=50
    read_buffer_size=256
    min_distance_timestamp=3000
    background_navigation=1
    source="NMEA"
    delay=250

[route]
    correctness=100
    guidance_at_highway_entry=1
    auto_enable_permit_needed=0
    guidance_at_highway_exit=1

[gps] part is to speed up primo's communication with gps receiver (if it's not present primo does excelent job detecting it)
    [route] especially correctness part is to have more precise location for receiver (at least at my gps).

I hope that this helps.

Btw, I "half bricked" my gps (Magellan Roadmate 3055 MU), and does not start (cant find serial number, albeit the Unit_ID.dat is present), so i need a copy of APP folder. If you could be kind to send me a link from your's i will appreciate it.

alef

3. The Following User Says Thank You to alef For This Useful Post:

path0s is offline Private
    Thanks

I too have a Magellan 3055. Do you still need the APP folder? I'm not new to modding devices, but I am new to modding CE stuff. Does the bootloader handle the usb connectivity or does WindowCE do it itself? If CE does it, does that mean it's easy to brick one of these if you donk up the filesystem or system files?

So it looks like the 3055 looks for the file "iboot.exe" on the root of the sdcard during boot? Would the process be the same for any other gps app I wanted to run from sdcard? Just rename the app.exe to iboot.exe?

Do you use any other apps besides IGO Primo on your 3055? I seen a menu system where you could have many apps installed and it would let you pick which one. Looked cool, had a nice GUI. Not sure if it's compatible with the 3055 or not though. One other thing, does Primo have gps recording/tracking? So it records the actual route driven and speed and all that?

Sorry for sounding like a noob, but umm I am! New to gps stuff anyway.

Let me know if you still need that app folder and if you have a particular place to ul it to.

Much appreciated!
    -P

5. The Following User Says Thank You to path0s For This Useful Post:

alef is offline Private
    Thanks

From my knowledge "iboot.exe" is the first file which is hardcoded to startup from SD card. I believe boot proces goes:
    1. WinCE OS (all drivers including USB)
    2. iboot.exe
    3. manager.exe (not sure for correct name, it's located in /APP folder)
    4. Navigator.exe

From what i have seen manager reads serial # from memory which is set on some location by boot process (uBoot), and after that it allows to start up Navigator.exe.

For softbutton that's older app which is kind of "poor man desktop manager" with ability to open programs or whatever. So, if you want to have regular WinCE, just start Explorer.exe from /WINDOWS folder. Also, all app which you need you can put on SD cards and start it through softbutton.

So if you use sofbutton from SD card, than you wont brick the device. Only way to brick the device is when you reformat internal partitions. So i need all internal HD (minus maps).

It's not noob. Actually i'm quite newbie too. But that's the way.

Anyway, i'm still at work in this moment, and when i got home i will write more about the 3055 experience.

V.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply.. Looking forward to your post. I actually got IGO Primo 2 to boot from sd, but I think it was in the wrong resolution 800x480 and I tried to switch it via the sys.txt and now it's complaining about missing skin etc.

alef is offline Private
    Thanks

Ok, this is what I can suggest.

Considering the resolution, iGo has 2 requirements for resolution.
    1. branding.zip to have the required resolution (480_272 folder in this case)
    2. sys.txt to not have been set to wrong resolution

This sounds as your branding is missing the required resolution. To overcome this, use following settings.

[interface]
    resolution_dir="480_272" ; NOTE: Put your own resolution dir in branding (800_600) or whatever
    vga=0

[rawdisplay]
    class="landscape"
    screen_x=480
    screen_y=272
    highres=0
    stretch=1 ; NOTE: this is where magic happens

However, this brings processor to do more job than regular, which is not good for embedded devices. So i suggest to use branding.zip which contains required resolution.

My suggestion is following. Make copy of sys.txt, and start from clean one and put elements which work, one by one, untill you get the settings you want to work.

Also, there is a sysconfigurator for igo (VB application) which helps to configure the sys.txt.

Drop me a pm message if you are still stuck on something, and ill answer as fast as i can.

V.

Thanks

Thanks! I got Primo 2 to run pretty well, autoboots from sdcard, etc. I found a good link to Primo 2 already config'd for 480x272.

I do have one major issue though. If I plan a route and have it running, then turn the gps off and back on, it goes through the bootup screens, and completely freezes on the initial Show Map/Find/My Route/More... screen. No idea how to fix that All features work flawlessly right up until I shut it off and turn it back on though. And as long as I dont plan a route I can turn it off and back on with no problems too.

I tried to get MioPocket going, and had a few problems with it too. Everytime I rebooted it would try to install again, then after install it would get stuck in an endless loop. I fixed the endless loop problem but it would still try to install MioPocket everytime it rebooted but would eventually come up with the GUI. Then I would try to load the stock Magellan soft with it, and it would reboot itself saying something about it needed to reboot to make it run faster.

Have you tried any other softs on your 3055?

alef is offline Private
    Thanks

Hmm... Got no idea about the boot up issue. never got any problem with that. If I turn off the gps, and turn it on, if it's not located at the end of the trip, mine asks to continue the trip.

Considering MioPocket, working with it it was how first time i got problems with original software. You're at the same point where i decided to reinstall magellan's software with HD format. DO NOT DO FORMAT, or you will lose the original magellan software. If you plan to reinstall magellan, than just do normal reinstall... again DO NOT FORMAT HD!!!

About other software, i have tried Navigon and result is that it did not worked.

In any case, i'm quite satisfied with iGO.

Drop me a line if there is something which i can help

V.

Thanks

With the Magellan software, it's still installed and works fine. I've been running everything from sdcard. Are you able to still transfer to your unit via usb? Do you still need a copy of the system to restore your unit?

If you get miopocket working, let me know.

Oh, and where the heck is softbutton.exe? I can't seem to find a link to it anywhere?

Maybe I have a maps issue with Primo 2. Or maybe I just have a junked up version of it. Which post/link did you get Primo 2 from originally? And do you use US maps, if so, which ones do you use? I know there's something funky going on with my maps because if I try to switch it to use the TomTom maps, it reboots like it should but automatically goes back to using the Navteq ones.

alef is offline Private
    Thanks

here is the link for softbutton.

SoftButton CE

Yes, i still need system for restore the unit.

First i got international edition from Zrvadim, and started to tweak it. Now i have quite a lot of them. Try torrent's for sources.

Considering maps, remove the old data from following folders:
    content/dem
    content/map
    content/poi

and than put the new files. In that way youll get new ones to work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast