Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Autostart Igo Primo 2 ??

R-P-H is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: Autostart Igo Primo 2 ??

Quote Originally Posted by dohcacr View Post
    The autorun files your referring to are probably related xtyler's menu system that was tuned for the Becker 7934. Whereas I have no experience with your device, I do have experience tuning xtyler's menu system to other devices, and if we can get it running it will tell us some very useful things about your device. If you want to give xtyler's system a try, download this. It will only take a few minutes to set it up, and even if you decide that you don't want to use his menu system, we will be a lot closer to a solution than we are now.

If you are going to try this, start with a clean sd card, formated to fat32. Download this, and extract the contents of the "Universal 320x240 Unlock Modificat" folder to the root of your sd card. When that is done, you should have 4 objects at the root of the sd card (apps, launchpad, autorun.exe, and autorun.scp). Now, install the sd card into your device and power it on, and the new menu should be displayed.
    That autorun.exe and autorun.scp files look like the ones from that post I mentioned. So if I edit the .scp to be my Primo.exe file then it should autostart ? I'll try what you said though and report back.

EDIT : Ok Nice ! I got this fancy menu that I wanted. Now how can I get rid of all of his stuff and put on my becker, IGO8 and IGO Primo 2 stuff as well as other apps like Solitaire ? I'll probs needa bigger card.
    Last edited by R-P-H; 18th July 2012 at 13:54.

dohcacr is offline Lieutenant Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R-P-H View Post
    That autorun.exe and autorun.scp files look like the ones from that post I mentioned. So if I edit the .scp to be my Primo.exe file then it should autostart ? I'll try what you said though and report back.
    Your statement is correct, but starting Primo with autorun can have some undesirable effects when exiting Primo. I did find a solution to that for the Insignia Nav01, but it may not work on your Becker, since it's running wince 4.2.

Thanks

Ok, so how to put on my apps ? And configure the time correctly ?

EDIT : I think I see what's going on here, I just needa edit the mainpage.ini programs to change the icon location and .exe location's removing the ones I don't want ?

If so, then how to correct the clock and also where can I get the icons for IGO Primo 2. Umm and I actually know this is a problem cause I saw a video on it - how to turn off the side lights of the machine automatically ?

Thx
    Last edited by R-P-H; 18th July 2012 at 14:12.

duffer is offline Captain
    Thanks

Correct time adjustment usually occurs after you've gotten a satellite lock.

Thanks

Ok, I'm gonna try now, could you provide icons for Primo 2 ? Oh, any how turn off the side lights ? Thx

Thanks

Ok, so how to put on my apps ? And configure the time correctly ?
    I assume by that, that the menu system works. Is that correct?

EDIT : I think I see what's going on here, I just needa edit the mainpage.ini programs to change the icon location and .exe location's removing the ones I don't want ?
    That is correct. You can also adjust the positions of the icons with x & y.

If so, then how to correct the clock and also where can I get the icons for IGO Primo 2. Umm and I actually know this is a problem cause I saw a video on it - how to turn off the side lights of the machine automatically ?

Thx
    The clock should update when your GPS app gets a satellite lock.

I made an icon for Primo a while back to be used with a 480x272 menu system. You can download it here and adjust the size for your device. I also have one with a heavier frame around it if you would rather use that.

I have no idea what you mean by side lights.
    Last edited by dohcacr; 18th July 2012 at 14:37.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dohcacr View Post
    I assume by that, that the menu system works. Is that correct?

That is correct. You can also adjust the positions of the icons with x & y.

The clock should update when your GPS app gets a satellite lock.

I made an icon for Primo a while back to be used with a 480x272 menu system. You can download it here and adjust the size for your device. I also have one with a heavier frame around it if you would rather use that.

I have no idea what you mean by side lights.

The becker has red lights on the outside that light up. Normally the settings are configured usig the becker nav program but now that obviously doesn't run by defualt....

duffer is offline Captain
    Thanks

The unlock removes the files that control the sidelights. You just have to live with it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to duffer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The becker has red lights on the outside that light up. Normally the settings are configured usig the becker nav program but now that obviously doesn't run by defualt....
    Well since I've never even held the Becker 7934, your guess is undoubtedly better than mine. I'd use a file explorer to look around the flash mem to see if there is a a folder with .exe utilities that the original software uses for that purpose. If you can't find a solution there, there are tons of utilities for those kinds of purposes in miopocket and TroNik).

This is how I had my GPS500 set up when I was using the xtyler menu.

Autostart Igo Primo 2 ??-gps500.jpg
    Last edited by dohcacr; 18th July 2012 at 15:10.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    The unlock removes the files that control the sidelights. You just have to live with it.
    Actually, the unlock did not remove anything. All the files that were there before the menu installation, are still there. He just needs to identify the file that was used by the original software and implement the function with an icon on the top menu bar of the xtyler menu

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast