hi guys been asked by a freind if i could upgrade his route 66 mini, i have been doing the tomtom,s for a couple year now & am confident with them but have no idea about the 66
i realise it is a older unit & finding any info isnt too easy
1. First I suggest that you get a suitable SD card, size depending on how many maps you want to put on it! (2 GB should be enough for most of the Europe) or you can use the original SD, but make sure that you make a full backup first, before you format it!
2. Format the SDcard (FAT32), and name it ROUTE66 (case sensitive!)
3. Download and extract downloaded map folder Route66 to an SD card: Zippyshare.com - Route66_mini.rar (this is actually modified iGO8 software)
4. From the original Route 66 SD card, look for the file "R66Navigate8.exe" (should be found inside the original Route66-folder) and copy this file onto the "new card" you just formated. Make sure you put it in the "Route66" folder of the "new" card. When that's done, rename the file to R66N8.exe
5. Add maps, pois from your choice. iGO maps are really easy to find..
6. Insert new SD into the device, reset device and start the program.
7. It is important that you configure the settings for the gps (when you get into iGO8). On the R66 Mini it should be Port2 Baud Rate 38400 (or simply chosse "auto detect" option in iGO8 settings)