Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Igo Primo questions

ivanlaszik is offline Private
    Thanks

Igo Primo questions

Hy,

Since using Igo Primo on Android I found some features that are kinda anoying me, and did not find a way to deactivate:
    1. If having maps from different map providers, and am on the road, and pass the country border, where the new countries map provider is different, a full screen popup appears saying that the map is from a different provider. How can this be disabled?
    2. When passing the border of the new country, after the message from 1. I get a smaller notification in the right side with "yes"/"no" buttons to show me country information. How can this be disabled?
    3. When I startup Igo, the position on the map is NEVER my last GPS position where I turned it off, instead it is always in the geographic center of the capital of the 1st map (in alphabetical order) which is loaded in Igo. Example: I have map of Austria loaded, being with A, it is the first map. Whenever I start Igo my "position" is always in the middle of Vienna. I removed Austria and loaded Bulgaria or Czech Rep... same, it starts in the middle of the capital city of the first map.

If anyone has some ideas to these, please share, as I couldn't find anything on the interwebs about it (or didn't look hard enough).

Regards,
    Ivan.

janch is offline Lieutenant
    Thanks

Re: Igo Primo questions

If there is a solution for 1st and 2nd question, I'm also interested..

duffer is offline Captain
    Thanks

Instead of having different map providers on one program simply delete the second set of maps so only one provider is in content.

Are you sure that you're exiting the program correctly via "exit" and NOT just shutting off your device?

Thanks

Hy,
    I do not keep for the same country 2 different maps, I actually use and need maps for some countries from one provider and for some others from another provider because they are better. So that is not a solution.

as for the 2nd part, I use igo on my phone, i dont turn it off, I simply exit the application via the EXIT button.

BR,
    Ivan

Ye11oSnow is offline Corporal
    Thanks

i have a different type question, maybe someone could answer. What controls the sound on iGo primo 2.4 international edition? It cuts through my radio constantly. Looking for a .dll or some other file. I have combed through over and over the sys.txt, changed memory settings to low, etc... But this thing is bothering me. Also happened on iGo8.

duffer is offline Captain
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ivanlaszik View Post
    Hy,
    I do not keep for the same country 2 different maps, I actually use and need maps for some countries from one provider and for some others from another provider because they are better. So that is not a solution.

BR,
    Ivan
    Just know that using different map providers for long trips that cross borders will cause error messages.

Thanks

Thank you.
    Friends, please, don't get me wrong, I do not need advise on not to use several map providers. Never had any issues with them and I don't jump borders all day long, I just want the notification out of the way. Anywa, I solved part 3, reinstalled the entire phone because of other reasons, fresh Igo installation.... works. About the notifications at the border, no clue, was not on a trip yet.

BR,
    Ivan

Ye11oSnow is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Ivan,
    Sorry about stealing your thread, but my problem is solved. Is your problem a pop up notification or a sound notification? I would assume it is a pop up on screen and that is why it annoys you. Look in the notifications menu, if you haven't already. This may be why it is interfering, but they also might not have a section for it. I had to disable the sound notifications to stop interfering with my radio, but they also have an on screen notification section. I am sure you have already checked there, but I also already checked my sound ones as well. Just a thought, and good luck to you.

Thanks

hello everyone I have igo primo . it is preloaded with tom tom maps. I have changed map packs by deleting the tom tom maps and just adding the navteq maps. in the map folder in contents my question is some of the skins that I have been trying out have a map changer. if I want the ability to change what map pack I use do I need to put them in different folders within the map folder or just add them all. and ill the points of interest I have in my unit work with both map packs or do I need to up download poi for each map pack

thanks again I have many more questions but this is a start

ant40 is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by icecolled View Post
    some of the skins that I have been trying out have a map changer. if I want the ability to change what map pack I use do I need to put them in different folders within the map folder or just add them all.
    Yes, you must have different folders. For example in GjAk skinpack - In Content folder create subfolders: map (if your default are TT maps), map_nt (for NT), map_ot (for other maps) and copy to each folder at least 1 map.
    For change POI together with maps, set: swpoi=1 and create same folder structure as for maps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast