GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: igo8 strange prolem

direktor is offline Private
    Thanks

igo8 strange prolem

Hi guys....

First of: TY all for such a good work.

And now the problem:

I have iGo8.3 installed on my Navman S200 running MioPocket 3.
    The Navman is old and its battery is practically non existent, so when i plug out the power (or turn of my car) it has mere seconds of life left b4 it dies.
    That would not be a problem if every time that happens (it stays of power for a couple of seconds) upon regining power it turns on where it left of but it can not find the GPS receiver anymore (i.e. Driving somewhere iGo working without problems, pull over for gas, turn the car of for a minute or two, turn it back on, NAVMAN turns on and displays igo8 where it left of but shows no gps signal) When I try to find it through settings it does its auto detection and reports "no gps devices found" or sth similar. Then I do a restart (hold power button for say 5-10 sec and turn it on again, wait for it to boot, start iGo8) and everything works again. Frustrating

Other thing: When looking at map view (igo is navigating me somwhere) i get random changes from 3d to 2d map views (it happens every 10-30 minutes). All of the sudden, I don't touch it or nothing. It just swiches it on me!

thanks in advance for any info...

While at it. What would be the best navigation solution for me? NAVMAN is 400mMhz proc, 128RAM, windows CE 5.0.

I live in Europe(eastern)

miomoshe is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Re: igo8 strange prolem

i think i know what is wrong. if you have igo on sd card then when it getting off when igo is running then when it restart it did not leave the first run. then what happens is that the port is cought by the not running igo. so before you turn your car off try getting out of igo (maybe also from miopocket). other option is to put igo on flash disk and not on sd card. as far as i know the problem is because the sd card is disconected when the device is on "stand by".

else try putting your port and baund in sys.txt file.
    Last edited by miomoshe; 11th July 2010 at 21:56.

Thanks

Copied it to the internal flash memory of the device. Edited sys.txt file. Still the same.
    In the meantime, I have installed iGO primo, whit the same effect. Every time i disconnect the power, the device cannot find gps receiver (Endlessly "auto detecting gps receiver" - no matter that it has the config in the sys.txt)

dj4n90 is offline Private
    Thanks

why don't you change the internal battery ?

change between 2D & 3D mode is mostley caused by low gps reception

NRT
    NRT is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dj4n90 View Post
    why don't you change the internal battery ?

change between 2D & 3D mode is mostley caused by low gps reception
    When in iGO go into settings then navigation and untick Automatic Overview, this may be what you are confusing with 2d view.
    What did you use to unlock the navman? I had problems with Primo not finding the satelites untill I used miopocket. Took me a while to set it to work the way I wanted with my mio moov 300 which I think is very similar to your navman.

Thanks

Changing the internal battery is certanly an option (why it never crossed my mind )
    First i used navman unlock, ant then locked it back again (the unlock software has a "reset do defaults" options effectively removing the crack) because miopocket install guide insists on "removing any unlock"
    Then installed miopocket 3 (SD card install) ant then iGO8 and now iGO primo.
    Will try disabling Auto overview as suggested, and will let you know in a couple of days

Thanks

did you try this: "before you turn your car off try getting out of igo (maybe also from miopocket)"?

NRT
    NRT is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by direktor View Post
    Copied it to the internal flash memory of the device. Edited sys.txt file. Still the same.
    In the meantime, I have installed iGO primo, whit the same effect. Every time i disconnect the power, the device cannot find gps receiver (Endlessly "auto detecting gps receiver" - no matter that it has the config in the sys.txt)
    When you turn the power off is miopocket turning off the navman or is primo turning it off?

Thanks

you can also try using port splitter

Thanks

@miomoshe: yes. tried multiple exit/restart combination. once the screen goes black there is no way to reengage the gps positioning (app still works and I can browse the map and whatever). Port splitter? Not familiar with the concept. I will have to do some research

@NRT: when I just tap the power button the screen goes black. When taping it back it restores where it left of. When i hold the button for, say, 5 sec it turns of the device (the Navman hardware shutdown). When this happens it just dies. I don't get any "shutting down" messages or sth similar