GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: iGo8.3 using WindowsCE emulator

a390st is offline Corporal
    Thanks

iGo8.3 using WindowsCE emulator

I have a copy of iGo8.3 that is running with Windows emulator. Soon after launching the program I get an error message that Windows needs to close. I also have a copy of iGo8 that launches and runs using an emulator with Windows XP. Is there some way to get the 8.3 version copied over to the 8.0 file and run? I have no experience with Windows emulators.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to a390st For This Useful Post:

realbob is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: iGo8.3 using WindowsCE emulator

Hi,

Download this and simply add your map and poi files....
    All should work fine...

Wince5 Emulator with igo8 (non content)
    Pass: 123go

PS: You can edit igo8.cmd file and change thise setting : 480x234 by another resolution that you prefer... 800x480...
    Last edited by realbob; 6th June 2010 at 04:39.
    lucian01 and seasand like this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to realbob For This Useful Post:

simsone is offline Private
    Thanks

realbob,
    Thanks a lot for the link. Unfortunately the emulator crashes under Win7 (32 bit). I wonder whether there is a bin file that works under Win7

Thanks

HI, ti works perfectly under Win7... you need to start igo8.cmd to start the emulator....
    Right click on it and select RUNA AS ADMINISTRATOR and choose compatibility WINDOWS XP SP2.

Thanks

realbob,
    Sorry that I wasn't clear enough. Emulator starts ok. When I start IGO8.exe, it starts, but after a while (geodb initdbfiles in the splash screen) it crashes. I have tried with different IGO8 versions (for the emulator) but same problem. Nay ideas what is causing this?

Thanks

When you start the igo8.cmd, igo should start by itself... So don't need to start igo8.exe (unless that is what you meant). You have selecter run as admin and run as Windows XP SP2 also?
    The emulator I sent works perfectly on my PC with Windows7 32bits....... But wait.,.. I think I had same problem... Do you run it with DEM files? If yes remove them.... also don't include base maps...

Thanks

In my case Igo won't start automatically. I checked the shared folder and it was empty. I then navigated to the folder where IGO8 locates and clicked OK. I then clicked File-->Save state and exit. Emulator didn't exit so I clicked exit. I restarted emulator and clicked File-->Configuration and noticed that shared folder was empty. I have another problem as well. I can change the language from russian to english, but when I click OK, nothing seems to happen. So, it seems that I have problems with the emulator. I don't have DEM files and I deleted the basemap.
    Last edited by simsone; 15th May 2010 at 04:19. Reason: added nore information

Thanks

HI again.... very weird that my release doens't work on your computer...

So if I am right, you tried to extract in a folder all files I sent, put only 1 map of the region you are (try no POI), then right clicked on igo.cmd file and set compatible Windows XP SP2, then double-click on igo.cmd file and doesnt work?
    Have you modified any files?

Thanks

I deleted all the files, unpacked the rar again. Now IGO starts normally but crashed again. Then I deleted all the maps except for my country. Now IGO starts normally. I had all the western Europe maps earlier so I wonder whether the problem was related to memory issues in the emulator. I still can't change the language, though.
    Last edited by simsone; 15th May 2010 at 06:26.

a390st is offline Corporal
    Thanks

realbob, I started this thread with the same problem that you have been advising simsone. I am running Windows 7 (64 bit) and Windows XP SP3. Soon after launching the program from either operating system, I get a message that Windows Emulator has to shut down. As you suggested I deleted the DEM folder and basemap file. Still get same problem. Trying to run as Administrator does not even launch the program-just a black window for a second, and then nothing. There is no choice for running as Windows XP with my Windows 7. As I mentioned I do have iGo8 (which is iGo8.0) running with the emulator. Is there some way to move the iGo8.3 over to that file? The iGo8 file looks quite different. It launches from the iGo folder ( iGo_pc.exe), has an additional file (iGOZoomerinstall_1094.exe), a couple extra dll files, and a sys_pc.txt file. iGo8 will not run the Release 3 maps. I would really like to get iGo8.3 running so that I can use it on my Viliv. It is the best navigation software that I have seen.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)