GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: C320 throws a 'Cannot find path, maps are isolated' message - help please...

Thanks

C320 throws a 'Cannot find path, maps are isolated' message - help please...

Hello.
    I've got iGo8-(v8.3.2.79297 March 2, 2009) loaded on a Mio C320 GPS unit with Navteq maps.
    I want to travel from NY to Maryland so I have the NY maps/poi loaded, the NJ maps/poi loaded, as well as the MD maps/poi loaded.
    When I locate a MD destination address it finds it but I am unable to 'set as destination' as it throws up a warning of 'Cannot find path, maps are isolated'.

I assume this is because it knows I am starting here in NY but it doesn't have a direct path to MD thru NJ (needs to load the NJ map in order to plan a route from NY thru NJ into MD).
    How do I fix this? Do I have to set a push-pin in NJ then route from that push pin to my final MD destination?

Thanks,
    Walter

kamoteka is offline Master Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: C320 throws a 'Cannot find path, maps are isolated' message - help please...

You will also need to add Delaware map.

Thanks

Re: C320 throws a 'Cannot find path, maps are isolated' message - help please...

Yes, it was the lack of the Delaware map. Thanks so much!
    Walter

Thanks

I have a new Chinese made gps with all the USA/Canada and western Europe but not able to get it to work keeps saying cannot find path, maps isolated. how do i get by that and get the gps to work?? HELP
    savos

Bananengourmet is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Obviously you want to drive from one country to another.
    On your way you will cross one/several 3th countries. Their maps are required as well, for route calculation.
    Without these countries it is not possible to calculate a route as they are unknown area.

Let's say you want to drive from Italy to Portugal. Without the Spain map there is no route possible.
    Like attempting to drive from Italy to Malta.
    All maps must/should be the same date to make sure the frontiers and the crossing roads match.

Thanks

Unhappy Re: C320 throws a 'Cannot find path, maps are isolated' message - help please...

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengourmet View Post
    Obviously you want to drive from one country to another.
    On your way you will cross one/several 3th countries. Their maps are required as well, for route calculation.
    Without these countries it is not possible to calculate a route as they are unknown area.

Let's say you want to drive from Italy to Portugal. Without the Spain map there is no route possible.
    Like attempting to drive from Italy to Malta.
    All maps must/should be the same date to make sure the frontiers and the crossing roads match.
    Ok but i have all the maps of western europe and all of USA yet it keeps saying maps isolated but when i put in the cith and address it does see it but when i press Go thats when the maps isolated comes up please help coerrect this problem savos

dra
    dra is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

I think it would be possible to have the Western Europe Major roads map as this is a general map containing all major routes through Europe. then you may not need the individual country maps if you are not straying off of the main roads.

Also, you need to make sure that you have the basemap as this contains the boundry of the countries

Daz

Thanks

Hi,
    i have the same problem with my IGO 8.4 on my Samsung galaxy but with europe maps. it wont load the path from serbia to austria, germany and some other countries, but not all. A few countries like Greece, Croatia, Hungary etc. work. All maps are from extracted from the iphone version of IGO 1.2.2, which work on my iPhone, i only have this problems with my android phone.
    If someone has some idea about fixing this problem, becuase i triet everything which you guys said in the posts above..
    Thank you.

duffer is offline Captain
    Thanks

You must have all the maps between two points. That is from Point A to Point B. Also, they must be of the same map set. That is, either Navteq or TeleAtlas [TomTom].