GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Help IGO Amigo

Thanks

Help IGO Amigo

Well I purcased a GPS from China because I wanted to see what you could get for under $100 --the unit worked ok but had some strange POI's from different places but no POI's for US or Canada --anyway I thought that I would update the POI's and maybe newer maps. I put the sd card to my reader and found several languages I knew I would not need so I erased them and left the english. I also removed the poi's from (vatican city and other places) and replaced them with a file of poi's from another copy of IGO Amigo for US and Canada.

Now when I try and start the program from the GPS icon, the IGO loading screen comes on and the loading bar starts but then kicks me out!!! Well I guess I should have copied the original files to my drive... (DUH) but I have faith that one of you fine people out there will have one of these SD cards and could forward a copy of the original uncorrupted files into my crippled unit.

There are no markings on the GPS and it came with a 2GB card that had US and Canadian mps with the IGO software

Thanks for you time

NRT
    NRT is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Re: Help IGO Amigo

Quote Originally Posted by waldo01 View Post
    Well I purcased a GPS from China because I wanted to see what you could get for under $100 --the unit worked ok but had some strange POI's from different places but no POI's for US or Canada --anyway I thought that I would update the POI's and maybe newer maps. I put the sd card to my reader and found several languages I knew I would not need so I erased them and left the english. I also removed the poi's from (vatican city and other places) and replaced them with a file of poi's from another copy of IGO Amigo for US and Canada.

Now when I try and start the program from the GPS icon, the IGO loading screen comes on and the loading bar starts but then kicks me out!!! Well I guess I should have copied the original files to my drive... (DUH) but I have faith that one of you fine people out there will have one of these SD cards and could forward a copy of the original uncorrupted files into my crippled unit.

There are no markings on the GPS and it came with a 2GB card that had US and Canadian mps with the IGO software

Thanks for you time
    Try deleting the save folder and see if that helps. Also check the sd card for errors (right click on the drive click properties/tools and then "check now"

Thanks

Thanks for the try--- when I press the icon for the gsp the igo software does try to load but kicks me out--- I did delete the save folder info --it created a new one with todays date on it. I checked the card for errors and it was clean..

Thank you for your thoughts

matty538 is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Iv never used Amigo, but if your deleting the save folder is there a sys.txt file? This will need deleting too.
    Next Id try deleting the pois youve put on the card and try again, the only language I have on my iGo8 and Primo is english so I cant see this being the problem.

NRT
    NRT is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waldo01 View Post
    Thanks for the try--- when I press the icon for the gsp the igo software does try to load but kicks me out--- I did delete the save folder info --it created a new one with todays date on it. I checked the card for errors and it was clean..

Thank you for your thoughts
    Why not just get rid of Amigo and use Primo, should be able to use the same maps etc.

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion ---can I get Primo on a torrent site?? And of course it would have to fit and work on the 2 gb chip(thats all that came witht the unit) haha