GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: iGO8 on wince6.0 chinese car all-in-one gps

LJLJ is offline Corporal
    Thanks

iGO8 on wince6.0 chinese car all-in-one gps

I have igo8 running in car navigation system which has wince6.0 and screen resolution 800x480. This device doesn't lose registry on reset.

The problem is, that when I'm driving around with my car, and igo8 is on mapscreen showing my position. It starts to freeze, it can freeze for minutes and then go like 500 meters (from the position it froze, not where I'm going) and then freeze again. If I stop and wait for some minutes, it catches up to me. It can work at first for couple of minutes, and then start freezing and then start to work again for sometime, then freeze again.

I have noticed that, if I make a route, and let Igo guide me to somewhere, it works perfect. No freezing and it follows and shows where I'm going. But right away, when there is no route and I'm just cruising around, it starts this freezing.

Is there any solution? Maybe editing sys.txt or something? I'm guessing the problem can't be in the antenna, because it works perfect If on a route?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LJLJ For This Useful Post:

LJLJ is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: iGO8 on wince6.0 chinese car all-in-one gps

I have a video of this problem here This time igo8 worked for about 3 km then stopped.
    As you can see, the mapscreen has stopped updating my position and shows the speed to be 49 km/h at first, then it changes to
    47 km/h and the position goes just a little bit forward, not near where I'm going. Then I stop at redlight (video time 00:32) and igo8 shows my speed to be 45 km/h and position is not even near where I am.
    As you can see on the video, buttons ain't working ether. Device doesn't change mode and in igo8 I can't get in menu.

I'm in red lights and my car is not moving and the software shows my speed to be 45 km/h. When the light turns to green, I continue driving, but map doesn't follow. It shows now my speed to be 5 km/h and I'm goind 50 km/h as you can see.
    You can also see that Igo's clock shows 16:05 at the beginning of the video, and same at the end. The video is two minutes long.

If I press the powerbutton of the device and reboot it, igo works after startup for sometime and the stop working like in the video.
    I also noticed that if I make Igo8 to guide me somewhere (In another words I make a route for igo8) It works ok. This problem happens

Any advice? I would appreciate help.

Thanks

Cool Re: iGO8 on wince6.0 chinese car all-in-one gps

Hello,

I hope I know the matter. I had same problem with chinese device (maybe even the same from DX

Do not let the device shut down itself when you turn of the car (it normaly shuts down after 10 secons). Turn device to "sleep" mode manualy before turn of the ignition.

After I started doing this way, I have never had mentioned problem with freeze again!

Good luck!

LJLJ is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I found a solution yesterday. I changed units bluetooth function settings and now igo is working perfect.

Thanks

Can you please give me more details about your solution? What exactly did you change?

LJLJ is offline Corporal
    Thanks

My unit has bluetooth function. I changed settings of it to following:
    Settings were like this when igo (or any gps software) didn't work:
    "Auto receive after 5 s" was checked |X|
    "Close BT" was not checked | |

I changed it to:
    "Auto receive after 5 s" not checked | |
    "Close BT" checked |X|

After that igo started to work.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LJLJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Smile Re: iGO8 on wince6.0 chinese car all-in-one gps

Quote Originally Posted by LJLJ View Post
    My unit has bluetooth function. I changed settings of it to following:
    Settings were like this when igo (or any gps software) didn't work:
    "Auto receive after 5 s" was checked |X|
    "Close BT" was not checked | |

I changed it to:
    "Auto receive after 5 s" not checked | |
    "Close BT" checked |X|

After that igo started to work.
    Hi,
    it is totally fix my problem !!!! Thnak you very much ! Just a question , how did you find out that this trick will fixt it?

Thank you very much