GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iGO software on device memory but maps on sd card

navman1 is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

iGO software on device memory but maps on sd card

Hi

Sorry if this has been covered already. My Navman unit has a small memory so at the moment I have only been able to put the iGO software plus maps and pois for UK on it. I have about 50mb of memory left on it. Is there a way I can save the other European maps on to sd card and create shortcuts to open the maps and save those shortcuts to the device memory? I have tried it by saving the shortcuts to the map folder within the contents folder but the shortcuts don't appear anywhere when the sat nav is on.

Many thanks

gpswill is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: iGO software on device memory but maps on sd card

You have to modify sys.txt to include something along the lines of:
    [folders]
    map="%SDCARD%\MAPS"

matty538 is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Also remember that you can only have one map at a time active,unless you use a map changer program that comes with some of the more popular skins.

Thanks

Many thanks. I have tried adding the line to the sys.txt file but can't see any change when sat nav is on. I have been going into the 'find' screen and choosing 'country' to see if the european maps on the sd card are there but it's still only the uk maps that are in the device memory. Have i done something wrong?

gpswill is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Double check how your device refers to the SD card, and use that in sys.txt Also, not sure if you have to restart iGO to see the changes.

NRT
    NRT is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by navman1 View Post
    Hi

Sorry if this has been covered already. My Navman unit has a small memory so at the moment I have only been able to put the iGO software plus maps and pois for UK on it. I have about 50mb of memory left on it. Is there a way I can save the other European maps on to sd card and create shortcuts to open the maps and save those shortcuts to the device memory? I have tried it by saving the shortcuts to the map folder within the contents folder but the shortcuts don't appear anywhere when the sat nav is on.

Many thanks
    On my navman s50 I have iGO on my sd card, I put a copy of this on my pc and removed from contents everthing inside the following folders: building, dem, map, poi, sppedcam and in the other folders in content I deleted the language files that were not required,
    any schemes not required and any voices not used. If you still ned more room you can startdeleting the contents of the navman folder, just remember not to delete the folder with SmartST_CE in it. Nothing special is required in the sys.txt. Works for me on my S50 and F10.

Thanks

Hi

The device refers to the maps on the sd card as \Storage Card\MAPS\ I have added that into the sys.txt file and created a map shortcut (map saved on sd card) and moved the shortcut to the map folder within the device 'map' folder with the idea being that the shortcut will link to the actual map saved in the sd card. But i still can't find the shortcut/map name when the sat nav is turned on.

Thanks anyway

dohcacr is offline Lieutenant Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by navman1 View Post
    Many thanks. I have tried adding the line to the sys.txt file but can't see any change when sat nav is on. I have been going into the 'find' screen and choosing 'country' to see if the european maps on the sd card are there but it's still only the uk maps that are in the device memory. Have i done something wrong?
    Assuming that we're concerned with a Primo installation
    Try adding;
    [folders]
    has_secondary_root=1

to the sys.txt file

Then restart and check in about/content/maps to see if they are listed.
    Last edited by dohcacr; 19th August 2010 at 21:34.

Thanks

Hi

Thanks but that didn't work. What I've done is create two shortcut icons on the sat nav desktop. One lauches iGO on the device memory which has the UK maps and pois. If I exit that programme back to the desktop I can use the other shortcut which launches the iGO programme with full european maps and pois which are saved on the sd card ie I have saved the iGO software on both device memory and also on sd card memory. For info I am using a 4gb sd card which is working fine

kamoteka is offline Master Sergeant
    Thanks

By default, igo looks for secondary content on the SD card under folder \igo\content. So create a folder on your SD card - igo and under igo create another folder - content. Then under content, create another folder - map, and put your extra maps in [sdcard]\igo\content\map. In fact you can create the other folders under content (pois,building,dem,etc) and put all content that would not fit in flash storage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 13th April 2011, 04:33