GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: clock / estimated time to arrival on screen

navman1 is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

clock / estimated time to arrival on screen

Hi

On the map screen when I'm driving it shows a space for the time. Before when I selected a destination to go to I'm sure the time was replaced by the estimated length of journey time to destination. Now when I select a destination neither the time nor time to arrival point show (it's just an empty box on the screen). Any ideas how to show the time to arrival?

Many thanks

Thanks

Re: clock / estimated time to arrival on screen

Hi

Sorry to post again but this is bugging me and there is probably a simple answer. Any ideas?

Cheers

Jebus is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

I was going to post something very similar, so I'll just add it here.

I think it's more or less the same as what you're asking, but when I add a destination and once the route is calculated, the time and GPS speed disappear (although the compass heading is still there - it just moves from the top to the bottom of the 'box').

This makes the whole route & destination thing useless for me - as I use the GPS speed on the unit instead of my speedometer on the vehicle. Any ideas? I'm sure it's a simple setting or line that need to be added to the config file.

Oops... forgot to mention that I'm running v8.3.4

tvsteve is offline Corporal
    Thanks

What skin are you using? When routing using a Dimka skin 2 map data fields are taken leaving only 6 displayed. Move the time and speed fields to spot 1 & 2.

Thanks

The skin folder is empty so I take it it's the default iGO 8.3 skin

Carnut5009 is offline Private
    Thanks

You need to get rid of the stock skin. It's pretty much useless. The Dimka/Megaduck or the Gurjon is a good choice. You will get a lot more out of your nav program that way. I prefer the Megaduck one my self and I run the Gurjon on the Primo side, as there is no Megaduck one for Primo. These aftermarket skins will open up the features of the progam and there is lots of customization with them.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I'm currently running the stock skin, but I'll have to try installing the Dimka skins and see if I like them - as I actually do like the stock one (I know... I know...). But I'm sure if I try out the Dimka skin, I'll probably like it - just cause it appears to have more bells and whistles.

I was just hoping that the stock skin could be modified the same as the Dimka skin.

Thanks

Hi

I have posted this in another section as well but with a gurjon skin do I just need to download the 'GJ_CURR_SKIN' or do I have to download the halfpatches, languages and utilities as well?

Many thanks

Thanks

Just tried out the two dimka skins, and I'm not a real big fan of them. I'd much rather use the default iGo skin.

Does anyone have any suggestions to try and get the time and GPS speed to show up while an active destination is set?

Thanks

Thought I would post an update - as I figured this out over the weekend...

I feel dumb for overlooking this, but if you click the section that has the time/speed/compass on the main iGo screen (on the left side - regardless of whether you've got a destination set or not), it'll take you to a screen with a big speedometer in the middle (sorry.... doing this from memory). Around the speedometer there are different things like arrival time, altitude, compass, etc. Each one has a small 'traffic light' sort of graphic (three small squares on top of each other). If you tap the particular item (eg; compass), one of the small squares will fill in. This indicates where it will show on the main screen in the data fields. Tap it several time to move it between different data fields.

I actually just took a look at the manual (I looked for this before - honestly!) and found the section that explains it. Page 62 & 63. Under the 'Trip Information Screen' section.

Hope this helps anyone else wondering about this - and thanks again for everyone's suggestions. Cheers.

*edit* - here's a screen cap:

In this screen cap, the speedo will show in the top data field, then the speed limit under that, and then the arrival time at the bottom.
    Last edited by Jebus; 8th November 2010 at 15:45.