GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: iGO Primo is DISORIENTED when Im just starting out and still far from my destination.

e46_igo is offline Private
    Thanks

iGO Primo is DISORIENTED when Im just starting out and still far from my destination.

Hola, whenever I start off driving from my current origin, primo seems to be disoriented. Instead of guiding me to turn right(side roads) it tells me to turn left or to turn around. If I was to follow primo's direction, it will take me to the main road or highway. I realize it's faster but the main road or highway is farther from my current position. Seems primo is programmed to always take major roads/highways even tho they are farther away?

What do I have to change in primo so that primo will plan the route according to direction of travel. If my destination is north-west I dont want primo to tell me to go east or south just to get on the main road or highway. I want primo to give me north and west directions only.

Am I missing something or my set up needs tweaking? Help

ps: And how to tell what version of primo I have? Not sure if I have primo or primo 1.1. Thanks!
    Last edited by e46_igo; 5th October 2010 at 18:37.

Thanks

Re: iGO Primo is DISORIENTED when Im just starting out and still far from my destinat

Hi, u need change route planning method to short rather than fast, there is no way to setup as one direction.

Senrap is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: iGO Primo is DISORIENTED when Im just starting out and still far from my destinat

If I am understanding you correctly, i think you are saying everything is screwed up just after you have turned your device on and starting your journey. If so, maybe the signals from the satellites have not yet been picked up. Try waiting a few minutes before you start your journey.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 19902005 View Post
    Hi, u need change route planning method to short rather than fast, there is no way to setup as one direction.
    I'll try your suggestion and report back. Thank you.

Thanks

Originally posted by Senrap.
    If I am understanding you correctly, i think you are saying everything is screwed up just after you have turned your device on and starting your journey. If so, maybe the signals from the satellites have not yet been picked up. Try waiting a few minutes before you start your journey.

Senrap, primo tells me to take a farther route, like major highway or main road. That is fine if Im heading in that direction but Im not. Im driving on side roads therefore primo should tell me to keep going and use the side roads.

Sat signal is always good.

Thanks

This worked. After much button pushing I eventually found the route options screen. I tried the different "Green" routes. Navigation is much better now. I also unchecked the "motorway" option. Me thinks motorway means highway. thanks.