GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: IGO Primo truck setup problem

fartsack is offline Corporal
    Thanks

IGO Primo truck setup problem

Can anyone help me please to setup the truck setting on igo primo, i have filled in the setting for height width and so on but it still routes me under low bridges. I dont know what i`m doing wrong so any help would be great thanks.

grandipatenti is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: IGO Primo truck setup problem

For the most appropriate route for truck you must have: iGO Primo 1.1 and Navteq 2009 Q4 maps or 2010 Q1 maps with TI (truck info), BTW always you have to ask...not all map information is updated and with more reason in case of small cities

Thanks

thanks for that, i will gve it a go! Rep added.

Thanks

Okay got all that but still no joy, anybody got an idiot`s guide or better still a working version they can upload!

VolvoFH is offline Private
    Thanks

This is not working properly in sweden ither. But dangerousgoods road works great. I always use the "easy" setting in routing, it keeps me away from the most hazards.
    Is there no new maps with .ftr file working since q1 2010?

Thanks

Has anybody got the truck settings to work on primo??

Thanks

Re: edu backlinks

mmm spam,thanks very much,really fucking useful that!!

Thanks

This is a pretty old thread but I hope by now someone has figured this out. I want to use my RoadMate 1412 with Primo2 which is working perfect but we are fulltime rvers and would love to have my GPS reroute when we are hooked up with our trailer for low bridges I see there is a Primo Truck version but it seems to only be for Europe so please ant person who can help with the options for USA would be awesome.

Thanks

maa1506 is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

The bridge heights and weight limits on the latest Navteq 2012 Q1 (UK) maps do contain errors which is presumably down to conversion rates being wrong. An example being a 14ft bridge will be reported by the the satnav as being 39.97 ft. Also a 7.5t weight limit will be shown as 3.4t.
    There is a work around for this which will avoid you being routed under low bridges or having to do unnecessary detours due to incorrect weight limits.

When inputting your vehicle height into the satnav do the following:
    MULTIPLY your actual vehicle height by 2.855 (or 2.9 to be on the safe side).
    For example if the vehicle height is 12ft, enter it into to the satnav as 34.8ft. This should avoid routing you under bridges that are too low.

When inputting your vehicle weight into the satnav do the following:
    DIVIDE the actual vehicle weight by 2.2
    For example if the vehicle weight is 10t, enter it into the satnav as 4.54t. This should avoid totally unnecessary detours due to incorrect weight restrictions.

(If you want to confirm this, set the vehicle height in the satnav to 89ft (or above) so that it triggers a warning message every time you approach a bridge. Make a note of what the actual bridge height is and what the satnav says it is. The ratio between actual and reported height will the same with all bridges.)
    Last edited by maa1506; 12th July 2012 at 20:12.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to maa1506 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maa1506 View Post
    The bridge heights and weight limits on the latest Navteq 2012 Q1 (UK) maps do contain errors which is presumably down to conversion rates being wrong. An example being a 14ft bridge will be reported by the the satnav as being 39.97 ft. Also a 7.5t weight limit will be shown as 3.4t.
    There is a work around for this which will avoid you being routed under low bridges or having to do unnecessary detours due to incorrect weight limits.

When inputting your vehicle height into the satnav do the following:
    MULTIPLY your actual vehicle height by 2.855 (or 2.9 to be on the safe side).
    For example if the vehicle height is 12ft, enter it into to the satnav as 34.8ft. This should avoid routing you under bridges that are too low.

When inputting your vehicle weight into the satnav do the following:
    DIVIDE the actual vehicle weight by 2.2
    For example if the vehicle weight is 10t, enter it into the satnav as 4.54t. This should avoid totally unnecessary detours due to incorrect weight restrictions.

(If you want to confirm this, set the vehicle height in the satnav to 89ft (or above) so that it triggers a warning message every time you approach a bridge. Make a note of what the actual bridge height is and what the satnav says it is. The ratio between actual and reported height will the same with all bridges.)
    I seem to have the same problem, but then the other way around. I entered all the limits, but the device refuses any route which contains a tunnel! Is there also a solution for this problem? I use the German version of the iGo with the Dutch satnav.