Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Converting Sony NV-U93TW to IGO - advice please

Tee_J is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: Converting Sony NV-U93TW to IGO - advice please

Hi pandaman,
    I also have the U92T and am in the middle of trying to swap over to IGO8 on mine and am following the directions given by all the posters including "desivasileva".
    I also had those 2 files under the folder but wasn't sure what they were.
    In my case, I couldn't even put the files from the archive "desivasileva" indicated onto the unit because the original file including the folders (+ subfolders) took pretty much all the space - I kept getting the message indicating that the volume was full.
    So having backed up the original 'mounted volume' (excl the large map - constantly failed to complete transfer), I deleted the contents of the original 'mounted volume' folder and have replaced it with the ones in the archive. There's no way back for me now as it was physically impossible to store both the original as well as the archive version.
    I have just reset the unit and am now going to see what happens when I start it up again.

Hope all goes well...

Thanks

OK. Re-booted the unit and got the message 'Initialization error: no lanuguage files found'. Only option is to click on 'OK'.
    Once I do that, the unit shuts down.

So am now going on the hunt for all the files indicated:
    language,
    maps,
    speedcams,
    poi... etc
    Last edited by Tee_J; 26th December 2011 at 19:21.

Thanks

I got the files for the various subfolders within the \contents folder.
    Now I have a working Sony PNA but running IGO8. I think it's running version 8.3...
    Thanks to all posters in the Forum who have shared their knowledge and files.

Next up, maybe upgrade to IGO8.4...

BTW, is it my settings or doesn't IGO allow you to navigate to a post code? I can't see or find that option.

Edit: I, like pandaman, (Sony nav-u92tc running IGO Primo - But!!!) also encountered the issue where I could not connect via ActiveSync on re-booting the unit because IGO launched and then white-screened out and shut down, looping through this cycle of powering on and off a few times. I found out quite by chance that it eventually came to the end of the loop and then asked to either reset the unit or shut down. Not doing anything at this point enabled ActiveSync to connect so I could proceed. If you encounter this power on/shut-down cycle, wait till it completes the cycle and presents the screen asking you to either reset the unit or shut it down.
    Last edited by Tee_J; 29th December 2011 at 15:20. Reason: Adding link to pandaman thread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tee_J View Post
    BTW, is it my settings or doesn't IGO allow you to navigate to a post code? I can't see or find that option.
    Found this link: hope it's useful for someone else:
    iGo 8 Newbie

Thanks

I also am facing the message 'Initialization error: no lanuguage files found'. So Tee_J can you share with me where you found the file for the \content folder?

Quote Originally Posted by Tee_J View Post
    I got the files for the various subfolders within the \contents folder.
    Now I have a working Sony PNA but running IGO8. I think it's running version 8.3...
    Thanks to all posters in the Forum who have shared their knowledge and files.

Next up, maybe upgrade to IGO8.4...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EdHoge View Post
    I also am facing the message 'Initialization error: no lanuguage files found'. So Tee_J can you share with me where you found the file for the \content folder?
    Hi EdHoge, you can try the files for "iGO8 R3/Primo/MyWay NAVTEQ 2011.Q3 Europe map/POI/hnr/build/phoneme Requires:iGO8 , Primo , Amigo, My WayOperating System: wince , android, Win. mobile, IOS" on the first page of this thread - iGO8/Primo+2011 WORLD Maps(FULL-> Europe,US/Can/Mex, Austr,NZ,Asia, South Am..)

Hope all goes well.
    EdHoge likes this.

Thanks

Thanks Tee_J,
    It is working splendidly. Even better than it ever did running the sony software.

Did someone hear about support for the sony TMC cradle?

Thanks

Perfectly.
    I have sony nv-u93 with Igo 8.3..
    And how to start on SONY NV-U93 - "BLUETOOTH"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EdHoge View Post
    Thanks Tee_J,
    It is working splendidly. Even better than it ever did running the sony software.

Did someone hear about support for the sony TMC cradle?
    Hi EdHoge, no, haven't heard anything about support for the Sony TMC cradle. Why - have you heard something? I don't have the TMC cable so cannot use the function.
    Well to be honest, even the suction mount of the Sony unit is knackered and cannot hold onto the screen (the edges have worn away) and as this is where the TMC connection is, it does not appear that I can use it.

BTW, does anyone have an unused Sony NAV-U U92T suction mount - or know of a suction mount that will work with this Sony PNA unit?

Thanks in advance.

astraclub is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

I have the same "initialization error-language file not found" error but i can not connect my sony NV-U93TW to laptop..
    how do i rectify it?
    is there ANY way to connect the device to laptop/desktop so that unit can be recognised by computer?
    Unfortunately i had also removed the Mounted-Drive from unit to laptop and my gps is serving as BRICK
    help is appreciated!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 22nd March 2011, 12:42