So to use a nav program, let's use Primo as an example.
1) Obtain a WinCE version of iGo Primo
2) Obtain a Navteq or Teleatlas map for 2011/2012
3) On the SD card, put the iGo folder with the appropriate path, this will be specific to your NY800; eg SD:\iGo\Nav.exe or SD:\nav\main.exe etc. Whatever the NY800 wants to run when you press the GPS icon. Please post this information up once you find it.
4) In the sys.txt, this is where you define your screen resolution, TMC serial port, any tweaks you want for zooming etc and your path. I usually start off with a really simple sys.txt. Just modify it enough so it load the program at the righ resolution for now.
5) In SD:\iGo\content place your country specific data the maps go in \maps\UK.fbl buildings go in \building\UK.3dx POI in the POI folder and so on. hist is a bunch of pre-optimised routes. Only a *.fbl map is necessary to boot up and start using iGo.
Once you have it booted and there are no resolution warnings and there is a map showing, you can start experimenting to get TMC running, pair to your phone for Google searches, change the sys.txt to tune the GUI and add 3D buildings. Don't bother with those till you have the basics. Please post a DIY of the most important settings for this product for other people who search.
It is your sys.txt from step 4 that will make or break your setup, but don't fear it. It can be as short as 5 or 10 lines. There are many many examples online if you google sys.txt. You often find these are heavily modified on the internet to suit the person who created it, the most dangerous issue being around the location of the content folder, and HasSecondaryRoot. Basically these allow a user to point the program at another place for the maps and program. If these have been twiddled then iGo might complain it can't find the map data and so on.
Give or take, this is about the bare minimum you need in sys.txt. It defines the resoluiton and path for this particular map and device. Do not copy this, it's just an example of device, resolution and interface definition. Anything else you find in an online sys.txt should not be essential.
type="Primo" ; Write Navi Type (Name)
calibratefix=0 ; ; If gps signal don't lost write - "0"; if lost write "1"
[tmc] ;Primo 1.1
baud=38400 ;- write "baud rate"
port=7 ;- write port