GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Clarion Map360/560

dj4n90 is offline Private
    Thanks

Clarion Map360/560

First of all, this is not an english class/competition I speak typo.

Q. Can I speedup file transfer to device?
    A. yes reboot into WinCE and use the internal file explorer to copy stuf between SD and internal Flash memory. You can also start 2 or more explorer sessions and switch between them. just play around a bit works allmost the same as all other windows.

Q. How to get into WinCE ?
    A. turn on your device (anny state as long as you have something other than a black screen) push reset botton at the bottom and release then push and hold the standby switch on the side. If you are lucky a little popup apears whining about SD card push [ok] now device boots into WinCE. If you end up with a blue screen with some stuff about upgrade WinCE You did it wrong Just start over.

Q. How do i leave WinCE mode??
    A. push reset button once again and wait.

Q. How do i put Igo on a 360/560?
    A. read read read and read again .. backup ALL the original stuff in \\My flash disk\ and then you are ready to remove stuff from the device.

for 360/560 go into the clarion folder and remove everything but the 2 files Clarion.exe and Launcher.ini

edit the Launcer.ini
    remove everything in it and than put
    Code:
    [FlashPath]
    Path0=\\My flash disk\iGO8\iGO8.exe
    END
    in it.

you can now safely remove all other folders in the root of \\My flash disk\ (you backed up mp3 and photo folder like I told you to) but keep the following 2 files Launcher.ini and Setting.dat (Setting.dat is save to remove but you have to realign your touchscreen comes up automaticly)
    Edit the Launcer.ini in the root of \\My flash disk\
    Code:
    [FlashPath]
    Path0=\\My flash disk\Clarion\Clarion.exe

[SDPath]
    \\Storage Card\Clarion\Clarion.exe
    END
    in it. ( if you swap the [FlashPath] and [SDPath] pointers you change priority. Might be handy)

Make a new iGo8 folder in \\My flash disk\ and dump your igo stuff in there
    Remember tot rename the application.dat to iGO8.exe

360 has only little internal memory but you can fit igo with NL/BE/DE/CH/AT with benelux.dem and dach.dem + Premium Poi's + some building on it .. Just play around.
    560 has only bit more internal memory .. Just play around and fill your needs.

If you like to put more on it see this >>>> topic<<<< on how to point and move folders around between internal \\My flash disk\ and SD Card \\Storage Card\

Good luck.

davenetv is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Clarion Map360/560

thanks going to try mine this week some time wil late you know

OR

Delet folder marked clarion replace with iGO folder then rename folder Clarion
    open folder and rename iGO.exe to clarion Done
    Last edited by davenetv; 24th August 2010 at 19:27.

Thanks

Re: Clarion Map360/560

Quote Originally Posted by dj4n90 View Post
    First of all, this is not an english class/competition I speak typo.

Q. Can I speedup file transfer to device?
    A. yes reboot into WinCE and use the internal file explorer to copy stuf between SD and internal Flash memory. You can also start 2 or more explorer sessions and switch between them. just play around a bit works allmost the same as all other windows.

Q. How to get into WinCE ?
    A. turn on your device (anny state as long as you have something other than a black screen) push reset botton at the bottom and release then push and hold the standby switch on the side. If you are lucky a little popup apears whining about SD card push [ok] now device boots into WinCE. If you end up with a blue screen with some stuff about upgrade WinCE You did it wrong Just start over.

Q. How do i leave WinCE mode??
    A. push reset button once again and wait.

Q. How do i put Igo on a 360/560?
    A. read read read and read again .. backup ALL the original stuff in \\My flash disk\ and then you are ready to remove stuff from the device.

for 360/560 go into the clarion folder and remove everything but the 2 files Clarion.exe and Launcher.ini

edit the Launcer.ini
    Code:
    [FlashPath]
    Path0=\\My flash disk\iGO8\iGO8.exe
    END
    in it.

you can now safely remove all other folders in the root of \\My flash disk\ (you backed up mp3 and photo folder like I told you to) but keep the following 2 files Launcher.ini and Setting.dat (Setting.dat is save to remove but you have to realign your touchscreen comes up automaticly)
    Edit the Launcer.ini in the root of \\My flash disk\
    Code:
    [FlashPath]
    Path0=\\My flash disk\Clarion\Clarion.exe

[SDPath]
    \\Storage Card\Clarion\Clarion.exe
    END
    in it. ( if you swap the [FlashPath] and [SDPath] pointers you change priority. Might be handy)

Make a new iGo8 folder in \\My flash disk\ and dump your igo stuff in there
    Remember tot rename the application.dat to iGO8.exe

360 has only little internal memory but you can fit igo with NL/BE/DE/CH/AT with benelux.dem and dach.dem + Premium Poi's + some building on it .. Just play around.
    560 has only bit more internal memory .. Just play around and fill your needs.

If you like to put more on it see this >>>> topic<<<< on how to point and move folders around between internal \\My flash disk\ and SD Card \\Storage Card\

Good luck.

Hi,

I 've Clarion Map 790 with 2 GB int. memory.

Can I use this code's also Map 790 or not?

Thanks...

LinkBacks (?)

1. 9th February 2011, 21:07