GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iGO 8.3 custom boot screen

agent smith is offline Private
    Thanks

iGO 8.3 custom boot screen

Hi mates,

I'm new here, read a lot get solution for my problem, but found nothing.

The issue is: I have a Navigon 1210 PNA, on which runs iGO 8.3.4 flawlessly. But I wanted to have a custom boot screen, with a car logo. I found the logo on the web, edited to the needed size and format (320x240, bmp), unzipped the branding file, replaced in the 320x240 folder the loading picture with the logo, renamed it, zipped it back, and copied it on the device. It doesn't recognize the picture, loads the program with a grey road-like image, and shuts down with it too.
    Can anybody help me and give step-by-step instructions on how can I make it to work?

Thanks

Smith

mirage is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: iGO 8.3 custom boot screen

We share the same problem.
    Unfortunatly I can't find a way to solve the problem. With previous versions of Igo I had a custom boot imagem but now I can't do it the same way.
    I'll keep on trying

miomoshe is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agent smith View Post
    Hi mates,

I'm new here, read a lot get solution for my problem, but found nothing.

The issue is: I have a Navigon 1210 PNA, on which runs iGO 8.3.4 flawlessly. But I wanted to have a custom boot screen, with a car logo. I found the logo on the web, edited to the needed size and format (320x240, bmp), unzipped the branding file, replaced in the 320x240 folder the loading picture with the logo, renamed it, zipped it back, and copied it on the device. It doesn't recognize the picture, loads the program with a grey road-like image, and shuts down with it too.
    Can anybody help me and give step-by-step instructions on how can I make it to work?

Thanks

Smith
    as far as i know you should not "unzip" the file. you need to double click on it and then it get open in winrar.then you do what you want and save it. the ziped file will be updated.

hsb
    Thanks

Custom pic work- done with some devices - FS LooxN100, Loox N560, Becker -all with 8.3.xxxxx
    Only the path must be the same like pic before.

gordonwh40 is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Hi
    What pic above?
    gordonwh40

drboka is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Smile Re: iGO 8.3 custom boot screen

data.zip\ui_igo8_da\320_240(or whatever your screen resolution is)\loading.bmp

branding.zip\ui_igo8_da\320_240(or whatever your screen resolution is)\loading.bmp

Repack loading.bmp in those folders and that is it

agent smith is offline Private
    Thanks

Problem solved, thanks for the answers. It was my fault, I tried to do this modification on a Mac computer, and the Win-based iGo did not like that, however, the picture sizes were the same (not only the res, but also the size in bytes). Anyway, I made it ready in 2 minutes on a pc with totalcommander, so it works now perfect.
    Thx again

Thanks

Heres how i did it on iGO8.3. first make a backup from your sd card, to a folder on your computer.
    THEN with your graphics program, select your new page/image size the same as your GPS image size.
    Mine was 800x480 pixels on an 'all in one DVD GPS'
    then, import your image from your file, photo, google image, etc. resize manually until it fits within your page. then combine it with the background. add your text, and modify how you like.
    Next, 'save as' file type 'windows bmp', file name.... 'loading' and the save process will add the 'bmp' to read as....loading.bmp
    then I select the image I just saved, (single click) control+c to copy the image.
    and navigate to the gps SD card in your card reader. go to the 'data.zip' (RAR) right mouse click...select 'open with > compressed(zipped)folders.
    This will allow you access to the RAR without extracting the RAR. DO NOT EXTRACT THE RAR.
    you can the proceed to the .... ui_igo8_da folder, where you will find all the different resolution folders. pick the one you are using for your device, mine was 800x480, inside that is the 'loading.bmp' image you are about to replace. scan down the list till you see it. then ... control+V to paste, and you will be asked if you want to replace the existing file, select yes.
    You can then close the window and head on over to the 'branding.zip' RAR and do the same as the above instructions.
    you should now be ready to load up your card.
    I have noted that sometime when making a change, it may be necessary to reselect the gps file path exe to make it work.
    Assistance with this mod was supplied to me by KUKUK, BAZZLE, and HOLLOWMAN. at AUSTECH. thanks for that.
    I am a learner, so if there is a problem with my instructions, please feel free to add corrections, modify at your own risk as I have done too. Good luck

wapvirus is offline Private
    Thanks

Here is how i done it and i have included all links to tools needed and my PSD files

ristina is offline Private
    Thanks

All versions of Microsoft Windows feature a boot screen, which is loaded during the startup process. With extra, third-party utilities, it is possible to replace the default Windows boot screen with custom images, text, and/or animations. In Windows Vista, it is also possible to replace the default boot screen with the alternative "Aurora" boot screen (which does not feature graphical animation)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast