My Amigo Skin V40
Requirements: Works with most current editions of iGo Amigo
Overview: I made a skin that is based on the Amigo Ultra Skin by linknet. Compatible resolutions: 320x240, 480x272, 640x480, and 800x480.
The following still need work: 240x320, 240x400, 400x240, 480x640, and 480x800
This skin does not work well with the Prestigio release of Amigo. The best version to use with this skin is Amigo v18.104.22.168504.
I wish I had time to finish the portrait resolutions, but this has to be my last update because of a career choice I have made. I leave it up to my fans to complete the rough resolutions. Thank you all for your support. I hope you enjoy my work. Please refer to my guides on how to edit the skin if you want to change anything.
- Everything in V39
- Added Jump to Map at Start setting
- Fixed 320x240 detour button
- Added map view to "Find Address" and "History" to make adding favorites easier
- Bug fixes
- Last update =(
My Amigo Skin V40: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=96GRZN7Y
Voice Alerts Audio Pack:
(Contains: English(UK), Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew (male only), Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish)
CorePlayer Package: http://rapidshare.com/files/331845711/C ... er_PNA.rar
New 480x272 Skin: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BW94H5CT
(read below about how to use this, thank you joking742)
How to edit the Amigo Skin:
http://www.gpsunderground.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=18856
http://www.gpsunderground.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=19302
Excellent example of what can be done with mortscript: http://www.mediafire.com/?xn0nmykvgyt
Created by miomoshe to run Total Commander.
Tips and Tricks:
* Hold down any back button to go directly to the navigation window
* Hold down the Add Via button to change it to Destination in the main menu or to Select in map drag mode
* Hold down the info button on the lower left of the navigation window to hear your eta
* Tap the battery icon to see the % charge. Hold it down to get a battery icon in your navigation window
* Hold down the direction icon for a turn by turn itinerary. Holding down the Itinerary will bring you to the same page.
* Hold down the Exit button to shut off your unit (if supported)
* The Home button adds the favorite named " Home* " as a destination and never as a via point
* When you block a road in map drag mode, you have to restart Amigo before it will start routing around the blocked roads.
* If you want to compare all of the routing methods, click My Route -> More Options -> Route Alternatives.
This skin has all of the features of the Amigo Ultra Skin and:
* Voice alerts for red light cameras
* Expanded add via functionality
* The ability to add phone numbers to favorites
* The ability to edit favorites
* The ability to save the phone number of a poi to a favorite
* The ability to run MortScript from the interface
* Displays address of your destination or via as you reach it
* Display current address at all times
* Go Home button
* Transparent navigation and map buttons
* Add/remove/edit red light cameras
* Detailed itinerary
* Editable itinerary
* New map drag mode
* Added ability to add destination and Via points to drag map mode
* Added address to map drag mode
* Added option to actually shutdown (power off) instead of going on standby when AC is disconnected (only works on certain units)
* Compass and elevation in the navigation window
* Road signs can be shifted down so that directions can be seen
* Say time to destination
* Gps status page
* Fixed a major bug in the way Amigo saves favorites. No longer will the addresses be saved incorrectly for crowded locations. This will fix 80% of the "Approaching destination on the..." mistakes.
* Sort favorites by distance or by name
* Zoom in picture viewer
* Select different folders for picture viewer
* Added Qwerty keyboard
* Resolved compatibly with Hebrew and other languages that write from right to left
* Added options for secondary turn
* Added Skip Route Confirmation Page
* Added last known position to looking for gps location
* Added Arabic keyboard
* Added detour function to map controls
* Added standby and shutdown buttons for shutdown timer
* Added option to scale the volume bar
* Added proper street sign colors for Israel
* LOTS OF BUG FIXES!
If you would like to change the the voice alerts, create audio files named "!malered.wav", "!malespeed.wav", "!femalespeed.wav", & "!femalered.wav" and place them in a folder called "audio" that is in the same location as your data.gro file. You can make your own wav as long as it is 44100Hz 16 bit mono and named correctly. I have also made the voice files for many languages available in the Voice Alerts Audio Pack.
To take advantage of the MortScript shortcut feature, place the "aautorun" package in the games directory such that the path to the exe is "\content\games\aautorun\Autorun.exe". The sample script will run coreplayer. Place the coreplayer package in the games folder or wherever you would like and adjust your pathes in the Autorun script accordingly. The MortScript shortcut is enabled through the advanced settings menu. To run coreplayer, press the MortScipt shortcut button. Wait for Coreplayer to start. Once you select your play list and start, you can minimize using the button in the upper left, and the music will keep playing. To turn off coreplayer, press the MortScript button again. You can also watch movies with coreplayer and the navigation commands will play in the background. If you were to try to play coreplayer by simply clicking its icon in the Games menu, you would not be able to minimize or listen to navigation commands while open. The MortScript icon in the Games menu works the same way as the shortcut. Realize also that you can do ANYTHING with this button. Just write the script. As of V30, I've added the option of 8 more scripts. Place them in the same aautorun folder and name them autorun2.exe-autorun9.exe. Cycle through them by clicking the globe icon. Run the script by holding the globe down. Only autorun.exe gets executed by the trigger options.
A big thank you to linknet, Gurjon, Dimka and all the other skins that I stole code from!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIcAXrHRY7M <-click it!
Last edited by freddysam on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:28 am, edited 88 times in total.
Last edited by miomoshe; 27th October 2010 at 04:14.
Can you edit the thread name to :"freddysam's Amigo skin"
Thanks for the new skin, however, the link Voice Alerts Audio Pack: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mg2nzniyk ... i_lang.rar gives an error?
Also, can you please give me some advice on how to and what to convert to a gro file as I just want to use the 800x480 skin?
When I download I have a RAR file and I am lost on what to do.
Last edited by oldsalt; 12th May 2010 at 08:47. Reason: Added a request
Thanks for great skin; enables me to use AMIGO (which I prefer to IGo8) on my HD2 which has a 800 x 480 display.
One minor problem is the font size of the roundabout exit; it's tiny. I guess it hasn't been scaled up to the 800 x 480 display.
Any solution or will I have to live with it?
sandysand fixed freddysam's skin v40
sandysand fixed freddysam's skin
I didn't make this skin, but I thought I'd spread the word about it since the author disappeared. The author is freddysam, and it was made for Amigo. Replace your data.gro with one of these:
800x480:480x272:Code:http://www.mediafire.com/?c3mdtvjgomd480x234:Code:http://www.mediafire.com/?3wnmnlmjlhu320x240:Code:http://www.mediafire.com/?ofzlmkgmzmj480x272 Large Font:Code:http://www.mediafire.com/?mlcuwl2kwgnThe V40 posted there is flawed, but the links I post here have fixes for it. Again, I didn't make this. I'm just sharing the best skin I've found out there."Code:http://www.mediafire.com/?mrytzjzxmyk
i don't have any problem with v40 but if someone has he can try this edition.
make me happy