GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Roland Butter

Thread: iGO (all) What is the point of system.txt

Roland Butter is offline Corporal
    Thanks

iGO (all) What is the point of system.txt

What is the point of system.txt?
    I loaded Pimo onto my 5” Chinese PNA, started it and it looked fine but it could not find any satellites. I asked for advise but none came so in desperation I deleted the entire contents of system.txt and BINGO! It’s up and running perfectly and what a great program it is. The unanswered question is still: What is the point of system.txt???

XisiX is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: iGO (all) What is the point of system.txt

Using system (sys.txt) file user is able to set some settings and program behavior that is not accessible through GUI (program interface).
    In your case, I presume there was [gps] section in deleted sys.txt with GPS port and baudrate configured for some other device (different form yours).

More info:

Roland Butter is offline Corporal
    Thanks

WOW! That is one big mess of stuff. Thank you very much XisiX for the link - now all I have to do is try to make head (or) tail of it. Bearing in mind I am 80 YOA and have not seen the inside of a 'file' since my early days of Apple II and basic. I don't see any 'ifthen' or 'goto's' but I guess I can figure something out.

On second thoughts I would appriciate a short list of something I could put in and play with just to get the basic idea.
    pgn1946 likes this.

tabrisli is offline Private
    Thanks

Hi I'm kinda new to this, I opened my system.txt and there is only one line in it on my working GPS.
    My question is, my GPS is a HP iPAQ 312 running WinCE 5.0 using iGO 8.0.
    I suspect my iGO is a customised version as its exe file is a HP logo and things look a little different from a default iGO gps.
    Can I still edit my system.txt and modify stuff in the flash mem with new maps pois etc?
    I see a license folder too with some licenses inside i assume.