GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Run a *.exe

akitoufio is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Run a *.exe

Well,

After somme trys, it is possible to run any *.exe files from inside IGO8.
    <BUTTON xxx template=menu4_4 fxshowdelay=15 text="Games" iconspr="ico_games.bmp" align="left+50" iconvalign="center-4" onrelease='START_APPLICATION "\FlashDrive\Alpine\Games\Classics\CLASSICS.EX E" ""'>

So ' " START_APPLICATION \Path\*.exe " "" '

Depend of how many memory you have, it's possible to run what you want.
    Last edited by akitoufio; 13th May 2010 at 16:57.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to akitoufio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Run a *.exe

where did you put this comand line
    Sorry for my english

Thanks

No matter about your english, mine is not so good too, I'm french you know, ...

Well you put this, in a *.ui file, inside a layer.
    Here is a exemple, it's a part of my extra menu.
    <layer ui_OasisExtras2 z=31 visiblemodel="ui.listlmPagelist.current_page = 1">
    <TEXT xxx template=pageindex text="2/2" >

<BUTTON xxx template=menu6_3 text="Classics" iconspr="ico_games.bmp" onrelease='START_APPLICATION "\FlashDrive\Alpine\Games\Classics\CLASSICS.EX E" ""'>
    <BUTTON xxx template=menu6_6 text="Solitaire" iconspr="ico_games.bmp" onrelease='START_APPLICATION "\FlashDrive\Alpine\Games\Solitaire\Solitaire2.EXE " ""'>

</layer>

mohd26 is offline Private
    Thanks

thanks for that but to me still not clear
    where is the layer ? and how
    will you please add some more details ?!!

Thanks

So,

When you broswe your device,( commonly you connect it to your PC via USB, or eject its SD card and plug it to your PC).
    You can see too zip files. DATA.ZIP and BRANDING.ZIP.
    Make a copy of your DATA.ZIP on yor PC and extract it. ALWAYS KEEP A SAFE COPY OF IT.
    You will obtain some folders such "audio, config, ...", the one we need is called something like "UI_xxxxx", this is the skin folder where you will find all the UI (user interface) scripts.

Befor doing any change on it, and even if you can copy back the original DATA.ZIP if you do some errors, I advice you to take the time to read what are those files and try to understand it. I never found official documentation about the IGO8 script language, and even don't know if a such doc exist, but Internet and your own self learning are your friends.

But know that this answer is not as complete as you'd like (the english is not my natural language, french is mine). So if you give me more details about what is your goal (by private messages), I'll try to help to reach it as quick as possible.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akitoufio View Post
    So,

When you broswe your device,( commonly you connect it to your PC via USB, or eject its SD card and plug it to your PC).
    You can see too zip files. DATA.ZIP and BRANDING.ZIP.
    Make a copy of your DATA.ZIP on yor PC and extract it. ALWAYS KEEP A SAFE COPY OF IT.
    You will obtain some folders such "audio, config, ...", the one we need is called something like "UI_xxxxx", this is the skin folder where you will find all the UI (user interface) scripts.

Befor doing any change on it, and even if you can copy back the original DATA.ZIP if you do some errors, I advice you to take the time to read what are those files and try to understand it. I never found official documentation about the IGO8 script language, and even don't know if a such doc exist, but Internet and your own self learning are your friends.

But know that this answer is not as complete as you'd like (the english is not my natural language, french is mine). So if you give me more details about what is your goal (by private messages), I'll try to help to reach it as quick as possible.
    first of all thanks a lot

I just want to make a small button so when I click it then I can run a game by example ( soliter )

if you can give me an example for running anything that would be very nice of you
    best wishes

Thanks

OK, that won't be difficult.
    This example is typically what you want to do.

<BUTTON xxx template=menu6_3 text="Classics" iconspr="ico_games.bmp" onrelease='START_APPLICATION "\FlashDrive\Alpine\Games\Classics\CLASSICS.EX E" ""'>
    <BUTTON xxx template=menu6_6 text="Solitaire" iconspr="ico_games.bmp" onrelease='START_APPLICATION "\FlashDrive\Alpine\Games\Solitaire\Solitaire2 .EXE " ""'>
    the <BUTTON ...................> is the tag to create a button.
    the xxx is the button logical name that allow you to change its properties from other scripts, I assume we don't need.
    the template is as it's mean, to use a reusable model, it's optional but make coding easer, if those template are already declared.
    the text propertie is weach text will be shown on the button.
    the iconspr propertie is to put a icone on the button, its optional, there is also some other properties that change the x/y pos of the icon, ...,
    the onrelease is the action to do on the release click, it could be a jump to a subscript, or what we need a command send to the main IGO8 executable.

As I suppose you actualy know, inside the DATA.ZIP there is at least one folder named as a "hight/width" resolution. Go inside the one you use. You shoud have a subdirectory named UI. go inside.
    There there is a file "start_XXX_YYY.UI" send mi as attachement in a private message.

Good evening.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akitoufio View Post
    OK, that won't be difficult.
    This example is typically what you want to do.

the <BUTTON ...................> is the tag to create a button.
    the xxx is the button logical name that allow you to change its properties from other scripts, I assume we don't need.
    the template is as it's mean, to use a reusable model, it's optional but make coding easer, if those template are already declared.
    the text propertie is weach text will be shown on the button.
    the iconspr propertie is to put a icone on the button, its optional, there is also some other properties that change the x/y pos of the icon, ...,
    the onrelease is the action to do on the release click, it could be a jump to a subscript, or what we need a command send to the main IGO8 executable.

As I suppose you actualy know, inside the DATA.ZIP there is at least one folder named as a "hight/width" resolution. Go inside the one you use. You shoud have a subdirectory named UI. go inside.
    There there is a file "start_XXX_YYY.UI" send mi as attachement in a private message.

Good evening.

Thanks and the file is in the attachment by the way I m using igo8 on normal pc also on car dvd
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mohd26; 20th May 2010 at 14:17.

Thanks

OK,
    Your UI is like mine.
    In the DATA.ZIP, on the same level you found the 480_234 folder, there is another one named OASIS.
    \ui_igo\480_234\ui\start_480_234.ui
    \ui_igo\common\ui\
    \ui_igo\oasis\480_234\ui\start_480_234.ui

Inside the Oasis\...\start_XXX_YYY.ui, you will found somethink like what you sent to me. You have the choice to add your game button on :
    - the start menu (first menu shown after the boot), menu found here :\ui_igo\480_234\ui\start_480_234.ui
    - the oasis entertainment start menu, (supposed to be the best choice), menu is here : \ui_igo\oasis\480_234\ui\start_480_234.ui

You may have a 6 buttons or a 4 buttons menu :
    - 6 buttons, there templates are menu6_1 to menu6_6. (6_1 is up left, 6_2 is middle left, 6_3 is butom left)
    - 4 buttons, there templates are menu4_1 to menu4_4

I think now you imagine how to change the templates name of the existing 4 buttons menu to add 2 buttons and have a 6 buttons menu.
    But know to use the START_APPLICATION you need the fullpath of it.
    But if you run IGO from a PC, why do want run game from IGO and not from your PC...?

Thanks

Thanks alot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast