GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: iGo Motonav on Samsung Galaxy S - Full Screen

dolphin is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

iGo Motonav, iGo MyWay & NDrive on Samsung Galaxy S - Full Screen

OK, after numerous different attempts at trying to load Motonav onto my Samsung Galaxy S, I have finally cracked it and have it up and running in full screen mode.

Here's a step by step of how I got it going:

First get your hands on the following:

a) Motonav_800x480.apk
    b) Motonav folder containing the following sub folders - License & Content
    c) Content folder should contain the following sub folders - Lang, Map, Voice, Building, Car, Dem, POI & Speedcam.
    d) Place your country map in the folder Motonav/Content/Map - this should be a ".fbl" file, it should NOT be inside any other folder.
    e) Put voices file in Motonav/Content/Voice - this should be a ".Zip" file.
    f) Fill out the other folders with whatever is needed e.g. Languages in Motonav/Content/Lang etc.

Next Connect the phone to your PC and do the following.

1) Copy the file "Motonav_800x480.apk" and the folder "Motonav" which should contain the Sub Folders "License" & "Content" to your Samsung Galaxy S by whichever means you can - I used Windows Explorer but you can also use the Samsung program "Kies".
    2) This puts the files in a folder called "Samsung" on the phone - and this is where all the problems arise - you must disconnect the phone from the PC, open "My Files", open "Samsung" press and hold down on the folder called "Motonav" until a menu comes up asking you if you want to Delete, Move, Copy or Rename the file. Click on "Move" and then click on "Move Here" (button on the bottom left hand corner), it should then move the folder to what's known as the internal SD card. Now do the same with the file "Motonav_800x480.apk".
    3)Now click on the file "Motonav_800x480.apk" and the phone finds the program and maps and you should have shortcut placed in the "Apps" folder for you.

This should now cure your problems.

D
    Last edited by dolphin; 11th October 2010 at 18:04. Reason: Updated heading to include MyWay & NDrive

dolphin is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: iGo Motonav, iGo MyWay & NDrive on Samsung Galaxy S - Full Screen

Just an update on the above:

I've also been running "nDrive" as well as iGo on my Samsung Galaxy S just in order to compare both systems and the findings are as follows:

iGo Motonav - Lacking in the "User Interface" part but makes up for it on the Map display. Quick to pick up a GPS signal. Very quick to re-calculate if a wrong turning is taken. Maps are right up to date and very clear to read, compares to Tomtom maps with lane guidance on motorways.

NDrive - Good User Interface (not as good as Tomtom but not far off). Has option of inputting GPS co-ord's which can be handy at times. Falls down on the maps though, not as good as iGo one's. Maps slower than iGo to re-calculate route. nDrive sometimes has trouble picking up GPS signal, a few times it needed to be turned off then on again.

iGo MyWay - Much better user interface and map colours than "iGo Motonav", close to NDrive's, one. Recommend iGo MyWay over iGo Motonav.

Note:- If you have iGo Motonav already loaded just Uninstall it with "Task Manager" before you run "iGOMyWay_8.4.2.139242_JMX_tangbohu_jnorbi.apk " file.

D
    Last edited by dolphin; 11th October 2010 at 18:05. Reason: Update on "iGo MyWay" & Heading

LinkBacks (?)