GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: igo map change

crosswire is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Red face igo map change

can anyone tell me how to change a map i have tried but when i put the sd card back in the gps it dose not work what am i doing wrong

akitoufio is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: igo map change

Hi,

It's difficult to get an answer without any more details about your device.

In a general way, you should have a folder with all your maps : \.......\content\map\*.fbl.
    Rename the map you want to replace (xxxxx.__fbl, like this it won't be use)
    Copy the new one, and restart your device.
    If you go to your settings, you can see a list with all installed maps, and check if the new one is OK.
    If all is running normal, you can delete the old map file (the xxxxx.__fbl). In fact I advice you to copy it in your PC to store it, you never know...
    If the map is not shown on the list, that neans that your license file (\.....\license\*.lic) is not corresponding with the new map. So delete the new one and rename the old one with its original filename.

I hope this could help you, .....

Thanks

Hi,

Could you be little more specific about instruction? I am confused. I have dwnloaded few maps from here and kept *.fbl in the map folder but when I try to run the program I am getting error. But when I copied *.fbl file from my miomap and place it in map folder of igo it worked fine but this file is very old and I need to update to current map. I have downloaded north america map. I have igo 2006 beta version on my GPS. Is there any way I can download full version of igo map application.Thanks!!

Thanks

Hi eveyone,

I think the question is: how could I get a valid license file for a map that I have downloaded from here?

I forgot to say that I have a file named: GENERIC_iGO8_WorldWide@801Product.lic, and the maps of reference are: France8.0TA_2009.12_100325.fbl for example

Thanks for your atention
    Last edited by Hopper; 11th June 2010 at 10:41.

Thanks

Hi i have this type of file in my HTC Austria8_2008.01_080215.fb about 23mbl i load from hir the europe Europe Teleatlas R3 2010 Austria.fbl about 26 mb when i change the map then i cant find it in my pda
    i have 8.0.0.44366 version
    what type of maps can i use
    please help my i am new on igo8

Thanks

try changing the file name to something shorter, might help. if that doesnt work, try changing the extension of the file to zip or rar or some other archive extension. it might have been in an archive and wrongly renamed.

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: igo map change

some newest maps are not compatible with older versions of software - so before you go to download - check your compatibility. But be also aware - as it was mentioned above, you need proper license for certain map release - you can also "google it" and find what you need. The easiest way is to try various torrents with full latest version of software - under content / license in file menu list when you start downloading the torrent - select only licenses - you can read which type of licenses they have over there - but the latest app should cover all previous maps shown in that particular list.
    try this
    good luck

collin is offline Private
    Thanks

hello

I have a chineese GPS with IGO 8.3 maps 2009. Now I want to replace the 2009 maps to 2010.
    How can replace it.

Thanks

Would someone write a Tut about this matter .

It'd be great appreciated .

darkoz is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dharmin View Post
    Hi,

Could you be little more specific about instruction? I am confused. I have dwnloaded few maps from here and kept *.fbl in the map folder but when I try to run the program I am getting error. But when I copied *.fbl file from my miomap and place it in map folder of igo it worked fine but this file is very old and I need to update to current map. I have downloaded north america map. I have igo 2006 beta version on my GPS. Is there any way I can download full version of igo map application.Thanks!!
    Your problem is that you have an old version of iGO which is not compatible with the latest maps.
    You need to update to iGO8.3 to be able to use the current maps.
    Once you have iGO 8.3 it's then just a simple matter of copying the latest map file into the iGO map folder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast