GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: New and Untrained users (Novices)

Thanks

Question New and Untrained users (Novices)

Hi
    I am looking to get to understand the GPS iGo system but am not sure were to start looking I want to get some unto date maps and every time I think I have got it it will not work.
    ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Atasas is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: New and Untrained users (Novices)

:lol: paid member has got loads of replies. no wander I had none with my equerries
    I can not believe, that I am posting back (after less, than 24hrs) before I got in to it.
    Anyway, I have had similar question (do have) and all so sudden , I found a solution (tut) on pocketgps- a link on youtube.
    All depends on few factors:
    1- what software is already installed and
    2 -hardware (some are compatible, some not with different degree of success)
    3- need appropriate files to be had (1- actual app and 2- actual maps)
    them its a matter of modifying certain files (if you can access it) with Notepad in order for new software to be accepted and copying them in to resident flash (if you allowed, as I'm not)
    Still downloading different stuff for myself now to try, so will post back as (when/if I will have successful modification on my SatNav)
    Appears most Modding is done with iGO 8- I'd recommend to try that, because with TomTom there is different way on installing them and actual app is hardware specific
    Best of luck!

Thanks

Re: New and Untrained users (Novices)

Hi, folks!

I have a couple of questions, maybe you'll help me with those:
    1. When I enter a name my favorite address, how do I switch the letters to lowercase?
    2. Where can I find the list of ALL the available flags and options that can be used in sys.txt?
    3. I've put tutorial.zip file in content/tutorial folder, but it's not available from within the program - the Demo and Tutorial sections are empty. Why?

Thanks!