GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Import voices from other devices

Thanks

Import voices from other devices

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to import vioces from other device such as TomTom. Has anybody tried to convert them?
    I would really like Homer Simpsons voice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU-fQ8ken1o

Thanks, Mircea

Jebus is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Import voices from other devices

Just curious if you ever figured this out? It'd be cool to have Homer or Darth Vadar...

Thanks

Hey all... newbie here...

I was trying this also. Downloaded the Darth Vader file but its protected and i cant open it. I was thinking of taking some generic male voice and modulate it to sounds like Vader. Unfortunely its not possible the same with Homer. Only if someone record it at home...

Thanks

still no answer on this one?

chas521 is offline Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tyggriffic View Post
    still no answer on this one?
    Because it's not gonna happen. Different operating system.

dra
    dra is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

I guess in Theory this could be done but what I have noticed is that the TomTom voices has about 58 commands where as there is about 300 commands for the Igo voices.

I guess you could edit the Comands.CSV file to only have the 58 voice comands.

I havent got the time at the moment but what i would do is to download a Tom tom voice and then use a tool such as Viftool to uncompress the voices which will give you the 58 different OGG voices.
    then convert these to wave files.
    Now unzip your normal igo voice file and go to the Audio folder and start listening to them to see if the TT ones are the same as the igo ones and if they are, then copy them across and edit the names.

this would mean that you might have Homer voices mixed with some of Daves or katie voices.

If some of the comands in igo are similar such as keep left or bear left and TT voice only has keep left, then put the TT voice in the igo audio folder twice and rename it as keep left and bear left.

I hope this helps someone to create TT voices for Igo, then if it is only renaming that is required, we might be able to write batch program that can do it for us.

Regards

Darren

dra
    dra is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Import voices from other devices

I guess in Theory this could be done but what I have noticed is that the TomTom voices has about 58 commands where as there is about 300 commands for the Igo voices.

I guess you could edit the Comands.CSV file to only have the 58 voice comands.

I havent got the time at the moment but what i would do is to download a Tom tom voice and then use a tool such as Viftool to uncompress the voices which will give you the 58 different OGG voices.
    Now unzip your normal igo voice file and go to the Audio folder and start listening to them to see if the TT ones are the same as the igo ones and if they are, then copy them across and edit the names.

this would mean that you might have Homer voices mixed with some of Daves or katie voices.

If some of the comands in igo are similar such as keep left or bear left and TT voice only has keep left, then put the TT voice in the igo audio folder twice and rename it as keep left and bear left.

I hope this helps someone to create TT voices for Igo, then if it is only renaming that is required, we might be able to write batch program that can do it for us.

Regards

Darren
    Last edited by dra; 22nd February 2011 at 18:10.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 27th July 2011, 10:25