Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Voice Annocment

  1. #1
    tcfuk is offline Lance Corporal
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Voice Annocment

    I have just upgraded my IGO and now the way the voice announces the direction has changed.

    It used to say "turn right in 100 yards onto St Clements Way" now it say "Turn Right in 100 yards onto A256", does anyone know if the SYS.TXT can be modified to so I get back the old way with the street name and not the highway number?

  2. #2
    dra
    dra is offline Sergeant
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Re: Voice Annocment

    Have you changed person such as Dave to Katie or susan.

    i think it depends on who you have selected as I have noticed that one of the TTS voices (in english) will give you your ETA but others won't.

    Darren

  3. #3
    yeracs is offline Sergeant
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: Voice Annocment

    Quote Originally Posted by tcfuk View Post
    I have just upgraded my IGO and now the way the voice announces the direction has changed.

    It used to say "turn right in 100 yards onto St Clements Way" now it say "Turn Right in 100 yards onto A256", does anyone know if the SYS.TXT can be modified to so I get back the old way with the street name and not the highway number?
    put this in your sys.txt


    [tts]
    tts_buffer=131072
    announce_exit_directions=1
    tts_logics=3
    priority="HIGH"
    always_say_road_names=1
    announce_street_name=1
    skip_exit_numbers=0

  4. #4
    tcfuk is offline Lance Corporal
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Smile Re: Voice Annocment

    Quote Originally Posted by yeracs View Post
    put this in your sys.txt


    [tts]
    tts_buffer=131072
    announce_exit_directions=1
    tts_logics=3
    priority="HIGH"
    always_say_road_names=1
    announce_street_name=1
    skip_exit_numbers=0
    Thanks for the info yeracs,

    I had found the answer after much searching.

  5. #5
    bondy99 is offline Sergeant
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 8 Times in 1 Post

    Re: Voice Annocment

    I have IGo MyWay and I find the voice volume to be too low and soft, when driving at 100 kmh I can hardly hear the directions. I do have a noisey car. The volume is high as it goes.

    Is there a way to increase the volume as the system is new.

    Also, how do I set the volume to be louder as I don't have the software to do this.

    Thanks

  6. #6
    NRT's Avatar
    NRT
    NRT is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    202
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts

    Re: Voice Annocment

    Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    I have IGo MyWay and I find the voice volume to be too low and soft, when driving at 100 kmh I can hardly hear the directions. I do have a noisey car. The volume is high as it goes.

    Is there a way to increase the volume as the system is new.

    Also, how do I set the volume to be louder as I don't have the software to do this.

    Thanks
    Try this in your sys.txt

    [dynamiccompressor]
    compressor=”1”
    a0=”56806”
    thrs=”24703”
    ratio=”8”
    gain=”8”

  7. #7
    bondy99 is offline Sergeant
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 8 Times in 1 Post

    Re: Voice Annocment

    Quote Originally Posted by NRT View Post
    Try this in your sys.txt

    [dynamiccompressor]
    compressor=”1”
    a0=”56806”
    thrs=”24703”
    ratio=”8”
    gain=”8”
    Hi, much appreciate your directions / assistance on this. I'm a novice on this so can you direct me as to how I can do this as I would not know how to do this, step by step instructions would be great,

    Thanks for your help in advance.
    Last edited by matty538; 20th August 2010 at 16:54. Reason: email removed for your benefit

  8. #8
    chas521 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: Voice Annocment

    @bondy99

    Suggest that you remove your email address from your post.

  9. #9
    bondy99 is offline Sergeant
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 8 Times in 1 Post

    Re: Voice Annocment

    Thanks very much for the instructions and yes I have noticed my email has been removed. thanks

  10. #10
    viossboss is offline Private
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Voice Annocment

    Quote Originally Posted by NRT View Post
    Try this in your sys.txt

    [dynamiccompressor]
    compressor=”1”
    a0=”56806”
    thrs=”24703”
    ratio=”8”
    gain=”8”
    does any influence this "8" ,"8" on systxt ? i don`t have it on my systxt.thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •