GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: rules.txt

akitoufio is offline Corporal
    Thanks

rules.txt

Hi again mates,

I'm doing a TTS pack that could be lunch on the alpine PMD-B200P V2.
    As you know it is a Win CE 4.2 .NET, and can use the DLLs version 6.6.19.0. Those DLLs usualy come with the low quality V1.0 TTS languages. But it also could use the hight quality *.loqmsx.bin coming from the R3 packages. But on this last languages pack, the voice has a rules.txt file inside the config folder.

I don't know for all languages, but for the french this file has bugs in the uses of the r_art_s and r_art_e tags. I want to fix it, but the syntax used in this file is not easy. Do you have some detail to tell me to have a better understanding of it.
    And by the same, fix some prononciations...

thanks,+++

realbob is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: rules.txt

Hi,

If you do not use Amigo, I would use a voice that doesnt use a rules.txt file since gets better results with a lex file... genarally more precise and simplier to use.

But for this kind of line:
    /(?i)([\s,\.]r_art_s.*[\s,\.])louis(,*)(\.*)(\s+)(.*r_art_e[\s,\.])/-->"\1 loui \2\4\5"

It will just means that when you encounter the word "louis", prononce it "loui".
    So you can do all what you want... but better with a lex file with igo8...

See ya!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by realbob View Post
    But for this kind of line:
    /(?i)([\s,\.]r_art_s.*[\s,\.])louis(,*)(\.*)(\s+)(.*r_art_e[\s,\.])/-->"\1 loui \2\4\5"
    It will just means that when you encounter the word "louis", prononce it "loui".
    Yes I know what is it for, but I nead more detail about this line, how to build it.

Quote Originally Posted by realbob View Post
    So you can do all what you want... but better with a lex file with igo8...
    Yes I use this for the moment.
    But with the rules.txt as it is built you can use rules only for what is encapsulated inside the tags, and it is very clever for the road abreviations.

kamoteka is offline Master Sergeant
    Thanks

The rules.txt file was implemented with the release of igo 8.3 (R3). Before R3 igo TTS voices did not use any rules.txt in the voice file (e.g.Voice_TTS-loq-eng-us-f1.zip). Rules.txt was used by Igo to fix/correct roadnames/streets pronunciations instead of having these corrections in the TTS lex file. This implementation of pronunciation correction resulted in less memory needed by Loquendo, the TTS engines. This is specially useful with Igo Amigo, since Amigo is a memory hog as compared to Igo (R1 or R3).

I don't know exactly the syntax of the rules.txt file and it is better not to mess with it. If you want to add an entry, just follow the pattern and entries should be in reverse alphabetical order.

Thanks

The Alpine B200P in the last version use a 8.3.1.101892 and was not released with TTS. But all is done to accept it.
    I confirme than the rules.txt could be used by TTSloq DLLs (version 6.6.19.0), but I suppose that the syntax is not read as the same in the R3 and mine. So in my version I have some pronunciation bugs.
    I try to find the "old rules.txt" syntax to use it.
    But when you say that it could reduce the memory needed, it good to don't give up.

I'll carry on my trys, and let you know my progress.

brightlight is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

I once found a description of the file on the website of Loquendo. You might search in their forum... Maybe it helps.

Thanks

Well,

I was out of France for a long wile (destination with a wery very poor Internet). I'm just back Home.
    So I stopped the recherch, and will cary it on reading the LOQ..DO forum.

Thanks anyway.