GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She talks too much! can I fix this?

Thanks

She talks too much! can I fix this?

Hi all,
    I'm new here and looking for an answer I couldn't find anywere.
    I'm running Igo 8.3 on my chinese unit and it works exellent but I still have a question:
    Marijke Dutch talks to me 3 times before entering a street. 1000m before, 300meters before and then she says 'turn bla bla...'
    Everytime she says something the music fades away and comes back up 2 or 3 seconds after she s finished talking. Very anoying..

Can I loose the first anouncement (for 1000 meters? more then enough time left)

Can I bring back the music faster? Or even better.... Can I fix this so the GPS voice just talks over the radio music? I can set the GPS volume seperately so it will still be louder then the radio.

Thanks allready!
    sorry for my english, I'm Belgian..

shadow20 is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: She talks too much! can I fix this?

Does no one know of a solution for this?

I would also like to reduce the number of times you are told when to to take the next left/right etc. I am using the english voice

Can it be changed to just telling you once or twice?

I know you can do it by changing the ini file in sygic maps software. Would it be the same with igo?

Cheers
    Shaba

bazzle is offline Lieutenant
    Thanks

To reduce gap at end try this in your sys.txt

[sound]
    ding=0
    queue_length=200

suspend_time=200
    use_os_volume=1

Bazzle

brightlight is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

The suspend_time is only to close the wavedev down after some time, so it won't help a voice speaking too much.
    I changed the commands.csv within the voice zip-file and added some 'minsilence' in the templaes.
    So, when a line reads this:
    ,"100[!X,near,minsilence=6,if_not_3]","*03_turn","02-7-12 In %dist turn %*. %then1 (!X)"

I changed it to:
    ,"100[!X,near,minsilence=15,if_not_3]","*03_turn","02-7-12 In %dist turn %*. %then1 (!X)"
    so she won't bother me when she already said it 15 seconds before.

This does work a bit.

Thanks

Like the OP, I found there were too many guidance instructions.

Following brightlight's suggestion of editing commands.csv within the voice zip-file, I went in and deleted all commands that start with "Drive..." or "Prepare..." and that worked like a charm, reducing the number of guidance instructions massively.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zelig87 View Post
    Like the OP, I found there were too many guidance instructions.

Following brightlight's suggestion of editing commands.csv within the voice zip-file, I went in and deleted all commands that start with "Drive..." or "Prepare..." and that worked like a charm, reducing the number of guidance instructions massively.
    I've figured out how to do that but then how do you re-Zip the voice zip-file?

Thanks

I just opened the commands.csv file into Excel from the within the Zip File (I use WinRAR to handle Zip files).

Made the changes then saved in Excel.

When I exited Excel, WinRAR asked if I wanted to update the Zip file with the changed commands.csv file, which I did.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zelig87 View Post
    I just opened the commands.csv file into Excel from the within the Zip File (I use WinRAR to handle Zip files).

Made the changes then saved in Excel.

When I exited Excel, WinRAR asked if I wanted to update the Zip file with the changed commands.csv file, which I did.
    OK, thanks, I'll try it. I was using PKzip (and Notepad to make the changes) but could not figure out how to rezip the file

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nosmoke View Post
    I've figured out how to do that but then how do you re-Zip the voice zip-file?
    OK, did all that (and verified that the changes to commands.csv made it back to the voice zip file) but it still gives the same "prepare to..." and "drive XX Kms.." announcements. I'm using iGo Promo (not Igo 8.3) - would that be a problem with this mod?

Edit: Found two commands.csv - one in in the root voice zip file and other in the voice zip Audio folder. I had been changing only the first but when I changed the second, I got an error message on program load. When doing the editing I deleted the lines containing "prepare" and "drive" (and the blank line which remained after the deletion). On reflection, I don't see how this could work - when the program looks for the line and finds it missing or it finds the next line instead, it seems it would crash or maybe announce the wrong message. Maybe the blank line should have been left in place(?).
    Last edited by nosmoke; 23rd December 2010 at 04:08.

Thanks

I am editing the commands.csv of my chosen voice in \Primo\content\voice\ folder (I use an Australian TTS voice).

I don't touch any other voice zip files.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast