Thread: Poor GPS signal on iphone 4, Possible Fix for some.

jjan is offline Private
    Thanks

Poor GPS signal on iphone 4, Possible Fix for some.

Hi,
    Like many others I suddenly starting to have problems with my iPhone 4 GPS signal, as every time I turned it on it said poor GPS signal and turned the map grey. I couldn't understand this because I have previously had no problems with any of the navigation apps installed. Anyway, after a long process of elimination, I discovered that my problem was due to my FM transmitter that I use for my music. For some reason. my iPhone GPS did not seem to like the frequency that my FM transmitter was working on (104.8 FM) I discovered that if I unplugged the FM transmitter, I would get my GPS signal back with no problems.

However, I was now without my particular means to play my music which really annoyed me. I then took a wild guess regarding the possibility that it may just be the frequency of the FM transmitter and not the device itself. I then changed the FM transmitter frequency to 98.4 FM and everything worked like a charm. I am not suggesting for one moment that looking at the frequency of any devices including audio systems will work for everyone but it certainly worked for me. I am now sure that frequency thing was definitely my problem because I also tested the theory with my wife's iPhone using TomTom and the same problems and fix resulted.

Hope this may help someone

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jjan For This Useful Post:

nizzex is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Poor GPS signal on iphone 4, Possible Fix for some.

thanks for the post